• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Huggers The Worst

Eric

I guess I must be the worst kind of "earth raper", heck I'm a profesional earth raper, a hardrock miner. We don't get many eco terrorists in our neck of the woods, just a bunch of trust fund hippies. They bombard our news paper with anti mining letters and are always trying to stir up trouble with the mining companies. One thing I'll never understand is why people so opposed to mining move to a mining town and complain about it. Our side of the state would be a ghost town without the mines, we have 3 major mines in our county alone.

Personally, I just go about my business and keep a low profile in the process. I figure the best thing we can do is out class the filthy varmints, don't stoop to there level. However, I would LOVE to smoke out a few hippies, so I will live vicariously through all you Cummins drivers!

Wolf

don't take it personally, Eric

I guess I must be the worst kind of "earth raper", heck I'm a profesional earth raper, a hardrock miner. We don't get many eco terrorists in our neck of the woods, just a bunch of trust fund hippies. They bombard our news paper with anti mining letters and are always trying to stir up trouble with the mining companies. One thing I'll never understand is why people so opposed to mining move to a mining town and complain about it. Our side of the state would be a ghost town without the mines, we have 3 major mines in our county alone.

Personally, I just go about my business and keep a low profile in the process. I figure the best thing we can do is out class the filthy varmints, don't stoop to there level. However, I would LOVE to smoke out a few hippies, so I will live vicariously through all you Cummins drivers!

not an earth raper, just trying to make a living. what kind of trouble are the trust fund hippies stirring up with the mining companies out your way? Do they do any damage to the equipment or hold up operations?

Turbo21835

Seems to me the trust fund hippies just use the paper to incite the rest of the crowd. coming from Michigan, I never really got to see this group of people. At least until a few weeks before I left. It was announced that there were 2 coal plants proposed withing 30 miles of my hometown. Mind you there is already 2 coal plants, and a natural gas plant in the area.

The Natural gas plant was originally supposed to be a nuclear plant. During construction there were protests. The project, as many at the time, were mismanaged. It was not uncommon for a carpenter to be given a 2x4 and told to make it last until lunch. This was mainly the result of construction problems. They began to build the plant. Then started constructing the cooling ponds. The cooling ponds brought the water table up, and the plant started to sink. That combined with growing protest, lead to the contractor being paid for change orders. Changes happened daily.

When i got out here to Or i was not surprised to run into the tree huggers. I am surprised at the amount of them here. Im also surprised to see how ignorant these people really are. They think all the loggers are out to clear cut the world, and wipe out all of the trees on the planet. These same people live in the forest. They lose their house when the forest burns. The logging that they hate could have probably saved their house. Then they turn around and rebuild.

The house they build is the same thing that they say is going to ruin the world. Cant build it out of concrete, the aggregate is mined, as is the limestone used to create the portland cement. Cant use lumber, that comes from a renewable resource, but cutting down trees is a bad thing. Cant build the house from steel, its mined from the ground, yet again, "rapping the planet." Some of these people have no clue.

My aunt used to work in the paper industry, always attended trade shows and state fairs. At a fair in Alaska, she had some of the bark humpers confront her. They told her she was going to kill us all. She then proceeded to ask them where they live. What was their house built out of. They then told her all paper was bad, so she asked them what they used to wipe after going to the bathroom. Of course, the answer was toilet paper. She asked them where they thought it came from. Their response, the store. These people just have no clue.

bluemeate

I had a group chain themselves to the front bucket of a backhoe i was operating down around Cumberland Falls. Went and told the foreman what i was going to do about it, he liked the idea. (talking a foreman into some of my ideas aint the best thing in the world) I went back to the hoe fired her up raised the front loader as high as she would go tilted it forward alittle bit shut her down and walked over to the office. Did i mention they had thrown thier keys away? and they got bounced some on the way up? At fisrt some very P/O'd hippies. later after about 16 hrs of watching us go about our bisiness and 98 degree heat and 100% humidity they were some sad lookin critters. I invited em back the next day but they never showed :beatsme

seems liek that could easily put you at risk for a lawsuit... endangering their lives or something

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
seems liek that could easily put you at risk for a lawsuit... endangering their lives or something

PSSSSHHHH! The hell with em, they made the choice to mess around with the mans machine, he can do what he wants with it, I woulda lifted that loader as high as it could go!:bash I woulda love to see the looks on there faces when he fired it up and started lifting the bucket, or better yet just hearing what they had to say when they were stuck up there with no place to go!

Wolf

not to mention false imprisonment . . . but it is funny as heck. What a great story and ballsy move. Got 'em good that time for sure.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I watched a rather plus sized lady get stuck and fall flat on her face in 1' of mud out in a pond we were working on. She said we could not hurt the turtles and they needed to be rescued... I said go for it.

Funny thing was she moved them all back up stream of the pond where we were going to work that day:pointhead Good thing she did not she what happend to them:eek:ops

Wolf

I watched a rather plus sized lady get stuck and fall flat on her face in 1' of mud out in a pond we were working on. She said we could not hurt the turtles and they needed to be rescued... I said go for it.

Funny thing was she moved them all back up stream of the pond where we were going to work that day:pointhead Good thing she did not she what happend to them:eek:ops

oops. what happened to the turtles, Chris? turtle soup?

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
oops. what happened to the turtles, Chris? turtle soup?

Hey I tried to throw the bigs ones off to the side using the bucket, Pond had to many of them in it anyways.

I've also seen people hug trees, talk to them, kiss ( not joking either) and cry over them. Don't get me wrong I like trees but If I'm told to knock it down... well then timber. I usually don't like to just clear cut things, I like to clear/ thin things out where it does not look like a freaken jungle and all the nice healthy trees are left standing. But the crashing of all big tall tree hitting the ground always sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADqJUsvv48

Wolf

Hey I tried to throw the bigs ones off to the side using the bucket, Pond had to many of them in it anyways.

But the crashing of all big tall tree hitting the ground always sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADqJUsvv48

and what happened to the little turtles??

another great video Chris, one good push and it's down. now that's a great feeling of power, ain't it?

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
and what happened to the little turtles??

another great video Chris, one good push and it's down. now that's a great feeling of power, ain't it?

The little one got mixed in with the mud we were taking out, along with all the dead fish. nothing like the smell of rotton fish and turtles to wake you up first thing in the morning:eek:

Wolf

The little one got mixed in with the mud we were taking out, along with all the dead fish. nothing like the smell of rotton fish and turtles to wake you up first thing in the morning:eek:

gross. but you do a heck of a job with the trees. you are a tree huggers nightmare. LOL.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od

Lawsuit? They were trespassing and endangered their own lives by trying to start something in a cordoned and closed jobsite, I don't have time to babysit people like that. This was a small job for the state,by the way. They are lucky i was in a smartalecky mood. Shoulda called the park rangers, but they came out later anyway, saw what was up laughed and left telling us we had things well in hand. after telling the hippies they could stay on the bucket or get in the back of a nice shiny car with bracelets. We don't do lawsuit type things here, just the nature of the territorry.

Last edited:

wormkiller

Occupation
IUOE Local 150
Back in March we had a couple hundred feet of collapsed sanitary sewer. Unfortunately for any treehugs, the main ran through heavy forest. Ya know how it goes, not any protesters but some concerned homeowner asked in a high-tone voice if it was really necessary to clear so many trees. I explained in the nicest way that no, we did'nt need to knock down trees if she did'nt mind c#@& coming back outta her toilet. Show me a eco-terrorist and I'll show you a hypocrite.

Eric

These trustfunder's around here don't have the stones to get physical with us, they do even worse... they get involved with local politics and start little busy body groups always getting in your business. They bombard our Congressmen with complaints and make it seem like nobody wants the mines in our town, which of course is a lie. The mines around here, love them or hate them, employ most of the county, shut them down or make it difficult on them to operate and the whole county will be on welfare. If you value your job and life style get involved and don't let the whiners have the only voice.

D5G

Like the backhoe scenario, if you can get them to chain themselves to ahh lets say just for the fun of it a 365 sized machine.....now you could really have fun oist em up and let em sit all day and all night long.If they survive you can bet they'll never do it again.I completely agree that the tree huggers have gone and will continue to go too far.

Wolf

I know, but if you touch them with the equipment, they will sue your a**

how ridiculous