• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
Beautiful pics camptramp. This truly is the best place on earth. Also like seeing the machinery I spent my working life building and repairing doing what it was created for.Thanks for posting. d.d.

dirty4fun

Thanks for posting the beautiful country side with so many neat machines operating in it. I sure appreciate you taking the time AL to do all the posting that you do.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
All the credit should go to Bruce Wilson , some of these pictures were pass on to him , but most of the Hoe Chucking and Madill pictures were taken by him , and like anything else Bruce has done , its a class act . He has loaned us his slides which I am scanning , he has also loaned us a "Flash Drive" with hundreds of pictures . And "donkey doctor" you will love the Power Point pictures he put together when Munns Lumber wanted him to compare Hitachi or John Deere Hoe Chucker VS. Madill Hoe Chucker , Bruce's Madill 3800 was his baby and was treated as such , rub marks are normal wear and tear , Bruce prided himself on not abusing his machine . He could take a Hoe Chucker up a side hill as ugly as any body and bring it back in tack , he prefered afternoon shift as he was usually double shifting . The day shift usually creamed the easy parts of the setting , leaving the ugly area's for Bruce to deal with at night , he would still get good production . Bruce is not big in stature , but as an all around "Logger" he has big shoe's to fill .

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Munns Lumber , Gordy I. driving T-101 on lowbed duty moving a Hitachi excavator , then moving a Cat on Kapoor's Land behind the Victoria Water Sheld .scan167.jpgscan168.jpgscan169.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Bruce W. Timberwest HBO The following pictures show the #56-101 a Madill 3800 new for Bruce at TW , then used , before Bruce stayed with TW on Private Lands , when Teal Jones purchased TFL #46 off TW , the #56-101 stayed with Teal Jones , the last pictures show what happened's to a machine when someone goes "Hoe Chucking" that doesn't know when to quit on to steep of a side hill .scan 570 resize.jpgscan 571 resize.jpgscan 572 resize.jpgscan 573 resize.jpgscan 574 resize.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
For what it's worth, I'm enjoying all your pics too Camptramp.

Thanks kiwi450x I keep asking and every time I think I've pretty much rum out of pictures someone like Gordy I. or Bruce W. comes through with a "Bunch" to keep us entertained . I was at the Duncan "A&W" for coffee the other morning , one of my old friends that had loaned us a few pictures in the past , has dug out some more pictures he has in storage . Hopefully they keep trickling in . dirty4fun looking for forward to seeing you on your next "Cruise Across North America" , I like your style , some one once told us to work smarter not harder , they should have the Northern States shoveled out before you migrate North . LOL

Sigurd

Thanks a lot both HDX and DBDLS for comments about my truck engine questions, same goes to you Camptramp for all the pics you post, great work!

camptramp

Occupation
Bruce W. Timberwest HBO , Here's some pictures you won't find to many of , an afternoon shift Hoe Chucker's view of Sunset , and night logging .Nov. 27, 02 014 resize.jpgNov. 27, 02 015 resize.jpgNov. 27, 02 016 resize.jpgNov. 27, 02 018 resize.jpg