• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

drew1977

Hello been a lurker for a few months. Got the time today to become a member of this great forum. I own a few types of business. Looking to buy some farmland in the near future. At which time I plan to put up a few buildings and make some road's. I plan to start buying some equipment in the month's ahead. Most of my time is spent on the business so not to much time for anything else.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Your welcome. :)

Make a 3rd post and you'll soon lose the probationary status and become a Junior Member. ;)

shopman@hep

Hi - new member, my name is Ivan. I work as a shop manager for a heavy equipment parts company. Some of our parts are new, we rebuild some (cylinders and diffs), and some are "good used." We specialize in Euclid parts, although we have CAT, DD, Case, JD, Terex, and a tiny bit of Komatsu.

Besides parts, sometimes we buy, repair, and sell equipment.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome there shopman,looks like Atcoequip and yourself will have some interaction.

Last edited:

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
Ziggy

Hello folks,zig here from southern Alberta.
Mini-bio.
I have been a HEO since 1978,did 5 years forestry,22 years in the hard rock mines and the rest of my time has been spent in the patch building leases and doing reclamation except for 3 1/2 years that I spent in the arctic buiding a runway and tank pad for a new gold mine and then managing a remote camp north of Rankin inlet.
I've done construction all over Alberta and pipelined a few years,just spent the summer building roads and structures for the power lines above Canmore.

I have loved running the big iron ever since i crawled on an old td crawler as a kid and got it running and couldnt shut it off.:eek:

I run allmost everything except crane and scraper,love the Cat equipment but find komatsu,hitachi and the rest of the machines have come so far now a days that they are all nice to operate.
In the mining industry I got to operate the then worlds largest loaders,dozers and rock trucks but I'm primarily a dozer,grader and hoe hand at heart.

So this looks like a good forum to add to my list of sites I visit and it looks like a wealth of information is on here.
I have lots of videos and pics of work as I allways carry my camera and may post the links later but as a noob I dont want to come across as a spammer.

Zig

stock

Occupation
Darn he here before me ! WELCOME there Ziggy, is the weather really that good in the fall?

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Hello. I'm Ken from Western Kentucky. Found this site a few weeks back and just now decided to join. I'm 52 years old. I've been working here since I was a teenager. I'm in the General Contracting business specializing in grain storage, grain handling, and pre-fabricated metal buildings. Although I do own a backhoe, most of our dirt moving work is subcontracted out. Here's a list some of the equipment we run.

25 Ton Manitex boom truck
1976 Grove TMS300 LP Hydraulic truck crane
1999 Grove AT700D all terrain crane
8,000 # Gehl Telehandler
8,000# Lull
6,000# Gehl telehandler
4,000# clark for shop
Cat Rubber tired Backhoe
Numerous portable welders

We have a small welding/fabrication/maintenance shop with

Mig Welders
Arc Welders
1/4" x 10' hydraulic sheer
150 ton press brake
ancient turning lathe
band saw
Bridgeport mill
100 ton hydraulic press

Thanks for the site guys.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hello. I'm Ken from Western Kentucky. Found this site a few weeks back and just now decided to join.

A very warm welcome Ken, looks like you will have some valuable experience to bring the forum.

note to myself, midweek seems a good time to up the post count ;)

stock

Occupation
Dang burbon brewers takin over.Welcome Ken

bubbagoat

Occupation
Engineer
Hi,

I just purchased a mitsubishi BS3F. Track rollers are shot, but the rest seems OK. I'm looking for a operators manual to find out how much and what types of oil, etc it needs. Any info on filter cross reference would be appreciated as well.

Thanks to all.

Bubba Goat