• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you use your skid steer for?

npisteve

My Use

I purchased an older 543 Bobcat to help with an addition I was building on my own house. Its only 48" wide - very handy. I moved foundation block, cement, dirt, tore out old retaining walls and hauled everything to the front of the house. I still have some landscaping to finish and then the wife wants it out of the driveway. I will miss it when its gone.
Steve

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I purchased an older 543 Bobcat to help with an addition I was building on my own house. Its only 48" wide - very handy. I moved foundation block, cement, dirt, tore out old retaining walls and hauled everything to the front of the house. I still have some landscaping to finish and then the wife wants it out of the driveway. I will miss it when its gone.
Steve

Shouldn't that last line read "I will miss her when she is gone?"

sparky

Steve

A buddy of mine always says when your landscaping anything for yourself "never put the last bush in" :drinkup

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
My skidloader gets used pretty much for everything.......and even some things it shouldn't. I would definitely miss anyone who thinks it needs to go!:shf

s185

Hey

Since we all live and die on the skidsteer. You all need ro check out the Quick Spade made by Paumco Products. I am so amazed with this product. HUGE HUGE time saver. www.paumco.com It saved me almost 3 hours on one rock wall. I already ripped up a tar driveway with it. It's built like a tank. Can't break it Check it out.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ASPHALT04

Occupation
How do your forks hold up to it? I bent the crap out of my forks placing a boulder wall ( Not the forks themselves but the top slide for the forks!) I had to make the forks stationary and boulders is all they get used for now.

s185

Asphalt04

I had the same problem before as you. I tried different fork companies time after time and never could find a good product. Once I found this product. The problem went away 100%. When I talked to the manufacture of the Quick Spade. They said this is one reason why they sell so many spades. They use a 5/16 chain from the Quick Spade. Rap it around the highest part of the main frame and then back to the Quick spade. This makes a triangle shape that will not allow our forks to bend anymore. We would have to break the 5/16 chain before our forks could bend. We all know how hard it is to break a 5/16 chain.

But aways. I had the same problem as you all the time. Now I pick up a boulder twice the size I did before and don't even worry about my forks anymore. Another great way to use this product when building a boulder wall. You can use the spade to dig the shelf and get it perfect. Once you set the rock in place. I also use it to back fill so I don't have to shovel anymore. I can't believe I didn't have this product 10 years ago. It would have saved me a ton of time and money building walls and digging holes.

ASPHALT04

Occupation
s185,
If you hook the chain out far enough does it work like a craddle to hold the boulder on the forks?

s185

Yes There are two units I guess. The quick spade and the quick spade combo. I picked up the quick spade combo. it fits onto the bucket or your forks. On the combo that i have it has a 1/2 plate that goes on the top side of your bucket. So when the rock wants to roll back it hits that plate and will hold it there. Which helps alot when you move around. Like when i use the forks the rock falls off all the time. It's nice.

I also asked Chad at Paumco Products of what other products they are coming out with. he said they have a clamping system that goes right onto your forks that you will be able to use to hold rocks, carry brush, move logs, lift hay bails and even hold dirt onto you quick spade. I can't wait for that to come out. I already order one from them. he said he would call when model is done. They also have a grab bucket. You don't have to buy the whole bucket. You can just slide this unit into your bucket, bolt it on and you have a grab bucket for holding rocks bigger then 3 inches. I haven't seen pictures of that yet. They are a pretty cool company. If it's built the the spades. It will last because they didn't cut any cost on material. He said the US groverment just order 11,000 quick spade combos from them for the army. I'm glad I got mine already.

ShankFarm

One of those - "How did I ever do without it" Recently purchased a 753 BobCat and find it the perfect companion for my typical weekend jobs. Leveling stone for a new driveway - pulling posts to convert an old horse pasture into a par 3 golf course --- at least that is the dream - lots of work yet to do

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
I use mine to put stone in trenches in leach fields. I can get it and the mini excavator both on my trailer so it saves a trip. It's great in tight places where a backhoe can't get. I also use it in resurfacing stone drive ways, have a towable roller that is clevised to the bucket for compaction. Now that I own one and used it allot I can't see how I survived with out it....:beatsme