• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What exactly can a backhoe all do?

Thor410G

Hi everyone!!
I work in the oil field and we use a backhoe for pretty much everything we do from trenching, fine grading, we use it as a man lift, a crane heres a pic of us setting a flare stack on a burner, the stack alone weighs 2,000 pounds

2864509720033665233S500x500Q85.jpg

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
what cant you do?

So what kind of things can a guy all do with a backhoe? So far i have trenched, and made a pad, dug a practice basement and a whole ton of snow plowing:D

So what else all is there?

As with a rubber duck, you are limited only by your imagination and experience :drinkup

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
flying

:notworthy nice one Lashlander,

You had me for a minute as I haven't got a pic of a duck in flight.

BUT I remembered seeing a c@t fly many years ago

Attachments

• flying.JPG
    flying.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 920

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
AND---------Be able to find the skull to the youngest mastodon on the planet.My old 510B and yours truly.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
Welcome to the forum Thor410G:drinkup :drinkup

Man I'm really enjoying this thread. Mixing cement with a backhoe, hoe's learning to fly, and finding dinosaurs. Phil:)

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Welcome to the forum Thor410G:drinkup :drinkup

Man I'm really enjoying this thread. Mixing cement with a backhoe, hoe's learning to fly, and finding dinosaurs. Phil:)

Well,almost--a mastodon is a mammal--same as us.I do want to find a big ol T-rex someday.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Thor410G! :drinkup

What kind of attacments is on that track loader AtlasRob?

Preppypyro

There sure is alot of neat things a hoe can do! I have been asking around home here and guys use them for damn near everything.

Now all I have to do is see how I can make a little money off of it!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
roadheader

Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Thor410G! :drinkup

What kind of attacments is on that track loader AtlasRob?

It was a rotating rock cutter ( roadheader) for use in tunnel construction but to be honest it was not very successful. :( Visibility was terrible as you can imagine, as a result it was easy to jam/stall. The other problem was moving it sideways across the face, which had to be done with the tracks on the loader, :Banghead it used to kick the machine all over the place especially when it hit the layers of flint in the chalk. It wasn't in the tunnel long, they went back to mucking the face with an Hitachi exc.:rolleyes:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yeah, it does look kind of difficult to operate. I have seen those rock heads on excavators, but not on a track loader.

Preppypyro

I found a new thing my back hoe can do last night.

We had a porquepine in a tree out here and he wouldnt come down. I threw a shovel at him untill I got the shovel stuck in the tree!

So then I decided to get the case to help me out. I set up to flick him out of the tree, that didnt work, so then I shook the tree.

Three times I shook him outta the tree before he thought that was enough and took off!

I wish i would have gotten pics of it.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
Preppypyro,
That's a good story to tell your grandchildren, very original, right up there with making waves in the lake;). Were there any animal rights activists trying to climb up on a ladder and rescue Prickly from Case abuse?

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I almost forgot---hoes make a very expensive wood splitter in a pinch.Just for funin---don't want anyone to think I'm a real bonafide redneck now.:p

Chuck

Occupation
Engineer
they can drive fence posts

They sure can. Just be sure that if your the guy holding it to get it started that you keep your elbow locked. I've got a nice scar on my lip from doing that job the wrong way.