• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Will a Cat 53 Winch Fit on a D3C III dozer

Carl Childs

Does anyone know if a Cat 53 Winch will work on a D3C III dozer with serial number 6SLXXXXX? I ask because the sales brochure for the D3C and the D3C II both list the Cat 53 Winch as optional equipment. But the sales brochures for the D3C series III does not list a winch as optional equipment. So, maybe there is some reason why it won't work??
Thanks for any advice you may have.

Old Magnet

Apparently you can hang a winch on the 6SLxxxx dozer but I don't think it is the same as on the earlier D3's. It's proven hard to find the information your asking.

Carl Childs

thanks. I had seen that before and good info. But, I won't be buying a new winch. I don't need one that bad though it would be handy. Had been planning to keep an eye out for a used Cat 53 but, no point in doing that if it won't fit.
I have been wondering if maybe Cat didn't list it as an option for the D3CIII because they had stopped making it???? I mean the back of a III series looks pretty much like the back of a II series.