• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

work pics

jazak

Dwan Hall said:
Mine are Stellar Shuttle brand.http://www.stellarindustries.com/ Got the one you see in the picture back in 1992 and had it custom made to fit the short truck (137" wb) F350 4x4 IDI. which also caries a plow in the winter. total cost for truck, plow, shuttle, and 1 flatbed was aprox $35,000. I liked it so well I got another one in 1995 set up the same waay except this one I mounted myseld because I did not care for the way the upfiter does there work. The 95 4x4 DI set up the same way minious the flatbed cost $42,000. Both have belt driven hydrolics. Both can load 5,000 from the ground up and both dump at over 53 degrees. I do feel the frames on the lift units are made of to thin of material and could be improved on. I would not be without one after having them. They are not cheap but have paid for themself every year sence I got them. If I did not need the plow I would have one mounted on a ISUZU NPR HD. I do overload the truck a lot more then I would like and my next one will probably be on a F550 unless Isuzu coms out with a 4x4 w/automatic.

rool off beds are easy to make. I have 2 flat beds, 1ea. 2 yd dump bed, 2ea. 2 yd sanders 1 ea. 500 gal hydroseeded and a real bed for CATV cable. Planed are a 2yd cement mixer, another dump bed for rock, a 8' box van, and a 185 cfm aircompreasure. I am also planing a trailer with a compatable shuttle system on it w/electric over hydrolic. As I work mostly alone and do my fabrecation between jobs these may take a while or may never get done but I keep pluging away.

I would not rull out the convitional roll off unit as there is one here in town that dumps just fine on a 1.5 ton cabover truck.

Post some pics I would love to see it all.:thumbsup

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
I can build a conventional rail hoist or something similar to the Switch and Go for 5000 dollars at the most. The Switch and Go costs 8000 dollars US but I can build something cheaper than that.

I have run tandem axle rolloff trucks with conventional rails but I always wanted to build a 1.5 or 2 ton rolloff truck. Only one guy in the area has a mini bin truck its a hooklift he doesn't have the best attitude.

Been in the junk business for a long time but a truck that can put a box on the ground makes it so much easier to load. Also the options of having flatdeck and dump boxes is appealing.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Here is the dump box, flatbed, hydroseeder, and sander

Attachments

• bomag with shuttle 05.jpg
    bomag with shuttle 05.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 856
  • era on shuttle 10.jpg
    era on shuttle 10.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 851
  • shuttle sander.jpg
    shuttle sander.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 851

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
sander and another flatbed

Attachments

• shuttle with plow and flatbed.jpg
    shuttle with plow and flatbed.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 853
  • Hydroseed tank.jpg
    Hydroseed tank.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 849
  • bobcat 325 with shuttle.jpg
    bobcat 325 with shuttle.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 856

jazak

Thats cool. Sure you don't overload those trucks sometimes?!?:eek: :eek: :laugh

I think you could use that F-550 sooner then later:thumbsup :bouncegri

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
That last picture with the F-350 with the 325 in the box looks a little scary. I would hate to tilt the box up and put it on the ground with the machine in it the front wheels must lift off the ground a little bit :eek:

I agree with Jazak its time for a heavier truck alot of guys around here won't use F-350s anymore because they are always overloaded.

Lack of braking power is the biggest problem the older F-350s with drum brakes can't stop very well.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Ford LT-9000 said:
That last picture with the F-350 with the 325 in the box looks a little scary. I would hate to tilt the box up and put it on the ground with the machine in it the front wheels must lift off the ground a little bit :eek:

I agree with Jazak its time for a heavier truck alot of guys around here won't use F-350s anymore because they are always overloaded.

Lack of braking power is the biggest problem the older F-350s with drum brakes can't stop very well.

That wasn't a "little" scary, it made my bu** pucker when I off loaded it. wheels did get light but never left the ground. only did it to see if I could.
That is 1 thing about the hook lift. it will load more then the truck should cary. As you can see I do work my trucks hard at times. That truck is 14 years old now and time to replace it anyway.
The hooklift does add a little under 1000 lb to the truck so you do loose that in the net load.
I am sure we have all overloaded a truck a time or two, I just happen to be the 1 dumb enough to post pictures of it.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
I have hauled lots of loads that were not legal be it over weight, over length or over width. Mainly over weight and over length hauling lumber and beams upto 24' long hauled on a 12' flatdeck layed flat on the deck with 12' of overhang.

I'am having troubles finding a used hooklift I'am not sure if I want to spend the 20 grand for a new hooklift hoist.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Ford LT-9000 said:
I know where I can buy a 2006 F-550 4x4 with a Hiab multilift for 65000 dollars the truck only has 9000kms on it.

I would stay far away from the Furd 6.0 Powerchokes there nothing but trouble.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
I wouldn't touch a 6.0 truck with a 10' pole its why I'am looking so hard for a 99-02 with PSD power but nobody is selling anything good because the 6.0 is a unreliable engine.

jazak

You guys bash the 6.0 so much!!:bash :bash :nono
My buddy has a 04 F-550 6.0L NO problems, there are many other guys I know who have 04-06 F-350s-F-550s with the 6.0L with zero problems. I don't understand why you bash it sooo much. True there are some problems but out of all the ones I've driven and my buddies have zero problems. They actually have MORE power then the 7.3Ls.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
The 6.0 has more power but alot of them spend alot of time at the dealer. Then the dealer doesn't know how to fix the damn thing when you take it there. The other problem is the 6.0 is a pig on fuel I know of guys only getting 10mpg with F-450s.

I have been looking for a F-450 or F-550 I see lots of 03 and early 04s forsale with low kilometers on them and a cheaper price because they are lemons. People are taking a loss and trading them in to get way from them.

I'am going to either stick with a proven 7.3 or go with a V-10 the extra 7000 dollars for a diesel and it isn't reliable forget it.

PSDF350

I know some have had problems with the 6.0l Steve for one. But I have an 04 that that has been a great truck. I think the real problems are the tranny and not the motor.

PSDF350

Steve I thought you were having problems with a 6.0l:Banghead Must have just been the bad dealer and I got confused. Wouldn't be the first or last time.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I refuse to ever buy a 6.0. Parts willing, we're going to rebuild our 7.3's when the time comes. I have a buddy that's graduating from UTI as a certified auto and diesel technician and he'll probably do the work for me.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Any of the newer trucks are going to be too freaking expensive to fix the diesel P/Us will never ever pay for themselves in fuel mileage savings. A person will buy a diesel P/U because they want a diesel.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Here are some pics from a job I am on now in NYC the contractor hit rock putting in 12" water mains.

Attachments

• P8300005.1.JPG
    P8300005.1.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 760
  • P8300006.1.JPG
    P8300006.1.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 758
  • P8300010.1.JPG
    P8300010.1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 758
  • P8310012.1.JPG
    P8310012.1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 755
  • P8310014.1.JPG
    P8310014.1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 758

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Find any dead bodies burried in ground :bouncegri

Your new service truck looks good but you need to add some shiny stuff to it :thumbsup

Any time utility work like pipes etc is done here a blaster is on speed dial because you never know what you will find.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
The truck is work in progress need to add air compressor, generator ans some cromw wheel covers. On this job they are not allowed to blast or even use a hammer they are working under an elevated train and the MTA will not let them. Wait until they start the sewer main. A 30" sewer main over a mile long 7' wide x 15' deep (max.) trench under the center of the elvated train. If i get the job I will be busy for several months.