• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Alaskan Logging Equipment, Left to Rust

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
Hopefully the scrapies don't get the rest, history leave it there its not hurting anything. I've stumbled across a few pieces before an A-frame show in Call Inlet, the A-frame is long gone but 1500 ft up the hill is a fully rigged wooden tree it has a cat with the yarding drums mounted on the back, chockers still dangling from the top of the spar and you could still see the fell and bucked timber through the Alder. I flew over it about 10 yrs ago and still wonder how they got the yarder up there it was staight up from the waters edge, maybe flew it up on the skyline?
I know here on the BC coast most of our old machines in the bone yards are gone. I've herd there's a privatly owned island north of Campbell River where the owner has been logging for decades and he has his own bone yard and kept everything. Apparently theres lots of great old equipment, maybe somebody out here has photos.......

Dan C.

I just joined here to post.

On page 2 there is a black & white Kenworth....Pat Rabey Trucking, Hoquiam, Wa. Truck #1

My father (74) drove that truck home from Kenworth Northwest in Aberdeen, WA when it was brand spankin' new, many years before I was born. He also worked many a year in Alaska, probably on some of this very equipment shown in these photographs...

I showed him these pictures earlier today, and with a teary gleam in his eye he said "Son, I wish you could have seen it back in the day...."

Thank you so much for posting these pictures.

Dan C.
Elma, WA

AEER

Hey Contract Logger Great Pics!
I would like to speak with you about your intimate Knowledge of where equipment is sitting in Various places.
I am a old mechanic and logged in Michigan as boy in the 80's and then went westward.
I also logged in Idaho and Eastern Washington now im in Alaska.
you can reach me = [email protected]

MOUNTAIN MAN

(Life)Tete Jaune B.C/(Live)Grande Prairie AB
Occupation
School, grd 10 now!
This is my first post on this forum, hopfully it works!!!!!!! These pictures are from Hauer Bros Mill in Tete Jaune B.C. I dont know what model Kenworth it is but it is old, it was a former logger and is now a dump/fire tank truck. If anyone could tell me what year and model it is I would be pleased to hear from you! I know it is'nt 100% abandoned and a far way away from Alaska but it is a find!
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Kodak Pictures\20-07-2009\101_0222.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Kodak Pictures\20-07-2009\101_0224.jpg

MOUNTAIN MAN

Occupation
School, grd 10 now!
This is my first post on this forum, hopfully it works!!!!!!! These pictures are from Hauer Bros Mill in Tete Jaune B.C. I dont know what model Kenworth it is but it is old, it was a former logger and is now a dump/fire tank truck. If anyone could tell me what year and model it is I would be pleased to hear from you! I know it is'nt 100% abandoned and a far way away from Alaska but it is a find!

MOUNTAIN MAN

Occupation
School, grd 10 now!

Lets try this for the 3rd time, sorry guys!

Trucks

Trucks

Trucks

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I think that you need a few posts before you have those priviledges.Ron G