• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP not sure where these pictures were taken . 1st picture is a large Fir Tree surrounded by a New Growth Forest . 2nd picture is a tree being fallen and is caught in mid air . 3rd-4th picture is looking across a valley at logged over area .scan31.jpgscan32.jpgscan33.jpgscan34.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired

Post 1861 & 1862
Pysht Tree Farm is just east of Seiku about halfway between Neah Nay and Port Angeles on the Straits. I think Merrill & Ring became M&R sometime around the early 70’s. The pictures of the short loggers doing the salvage logging in the alder patch were probably taken in the mid to late 60’s. That was the beginning of the clean out the alder and plant fir era. Port Blakely Mill was another alias for Pope and Talbot the first big timber company in Washington headquartered out of Port Gamble up on the head end of Hoods Canal. P&T has now morphed into ORM aka. Olympic Resource Management Company. Just another corporate tax dodge. BTW, M&R should be familiar to those of you in New Zealand as they have holdings there, how big I am not sure.

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. I remember a day in the Fall of 1967 , when logging halted and the crews were called off the yarding sides and were assigned to the various fire lines , to fightscan42.jpgscan43.jpgscan44.jpg slash fires that had gotten out of control . The Burger Tower crew that I was on ended up on Spur 19 , if I remember correctly they were having problems at slash fires on Spur 18 , Spur 19 , Granite Cr. and Spur 14 . We weren't the only crews fighting fires that Fall Roach logging a contractor for Pacific Logging at Mesachie Lake also had a bad fire . The call came out they needed help fighting their fire , so BCFP sent some Fallers over to help them out . I recall one morning at the Marshaling Point at Port Renfrew , management announced that the crew was only going to receive the IW-A fire fighting rate of pay . A couple of fellows took a dim view of the announcement , and pointed out it wasn't a natural or operational fire , but one that had been purposely lit . The Manager suggested we should go fight the fire's and they would deal with this matter later . By this time most of the crew were of the opinion we should settle this matter then go fight the fire's . We got our regular rate of pay .
The fire at Roach Logging was a bad one resulting in their Yarder and Loader were burnt up in the fire , I don't know if that was the only reason , but they never opened up after the fire .

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture #225 HDX Hayes (Bob Mitchell driving) , with the#717 Berger Tower in tow . 2nd picture #222 HDX Hayes (Waddy Weeks driving) hooked to drop center lowbed #71 Northwest Log Loader (not sure who was running it could have been Oly Virtanen) early picture , cab has not been raised and it still looks like it is a "Tong" machine before it was set up for "Grapples" #223 HDX Hayes (driver Loyd Thompson) push truck . #717 Berger Tower (Art Wilson operator). 3rd picture is taken on Lens Creek Flats above San Juan River , #690 View Spar in fore ground and #717 Berger Tower in back ground .scan45.jpgscan46.jpgscan48.jpgscan49.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture the famous Williams Cr bridge on the Bear Cr. Shawnigan Lake Rd. 2nd picture Is the two gentalmen caycusion referred to as Lieutenant George Pearks and the Governor of Bermuda watching a load of logs crossing the Suspension Bridge over the San Juan River .scan53.jpgscan54.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP , Not sure where these pictures taken just a guess , but could be Millstream Timber in Ucluelet , Tofino area . Do'es anybody out there recognize this operation for sure .scan57.jpgscan58.jpgscan59.jpgscan60.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. , When I first looked at this picture it looked familiar , then I recognized it , its on top of Garbage Cr. over looking Bear Cr. Summer of 1970 , #663 a Skagit 120 ft. Telescoping Slackline Steel Tower , Lowbed Mount with a Tyee Winch , #79 Northwest Model 6 Log Loader . Crew John Macisaac Hooktender , Sid "Skidder" Smith Yarding Engineer , Ernie Harrison Loading Engineer , Myself Landing Man , Reg Beale Rigging Slinger , Stan Woods and Chuck Marrow Choker Man , Don Baker Landing Bucker . One day Woods Foreman Bob Robertson scan69.jpg

caycusion

Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. , When I first looked at this picture it looked familiar , then I recognized it , its on top of Garbage Cr. over looking Bear Cr. Summer of 1970 , #663 a Skagit 120 ft. Telescoping Slackline Steel Tower , Lowbed Mount with a Tyee Winch , #79 Northwest Model 6 Log Loader . Crew John Macisaac Hooktender , Sid "Skidder" Smith Yarding Engineer , Ernie Harrison Loading Engineer , Myself Landing Man , Reg Beale Rigging Slinger , Stan Woods and Chuck Marrow Choker Man , Don Baker Landing Bucker . One day Woods Foreman Bob Robertson View attachment 146694

camptramp

Occupation
is Gordon buck willys dad?

No Gordon Buck was a long time employee of Hillcrest Lumber and lived in lake Cowichan , went to work at BCFP Renfrew Div. after Hillcrest closed its doors 1968 . His daugther Joan was married to Renfrew Div. Carpenter Dan Benty and had a son Richard who worked at BCFP Crofton .

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
Water drop from the Martin Mars 50 feet. Oops... Camptramp there should be a HEF hall of fame with your name on top12299250_10206833029598784_5255271781503067827_n[1].jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat Mac (Bob MacMillen) BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st & 2nd pictures #797 Skagit 120 ft Telescoping Tower on Tank Carrier Operator Stu Smith , Hook Tender Bruce Wilson , trying out a yarding grapple , Stu tells me Carriage had Haulback running through two sheaves in carriage for "lift" , then there was an off set sheave inside carriage to charge a hydraulic system , which was used to remote controlled to open and close grapple . Offset was so bad Haulback wore out from inside out . Once the weight of the carriage riding on haulback with hydraulic pump connected to one of carrier sheaves , it sort of worked . 3rd -5th picture #319 Washington Track Loader TL 15 Jake Kruger operator . One of Renfrew Division's first loaders to be equipped with a snorkel .scan70.jpgscan71.jpgscan72.jpgscan73.jpgscan74.jpg