• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C13 Head gasket sealant

Truck Shop

Fire trucks/RV's rated high HP. Ones around here are defiantly nothing special. Now a Fire Truck
for a AIRPORT yes. The local airport has a runway that will accept the largest of aircraft like 747.
Their old Oshkosh crash trucks that articulated in the middle were powered by EVERYONES
favorite on HEF-The 8V-92, both trucks were rated at 575 Hp. I asked the Captain, Colonel, or
Sargent in the airport fire department why so much HP? This was 18 plus years ago. answer was-
To meat FAA rules for response we have to be able to suit up and be at a crash scene in X amount
of time--That means this truck with full load be able to hit 70 right F-----n Now, And we get tested
periodically.
Now for a High Horse Power RV------That's just some or a few rich Booomers showing off their
crap while towing the Harley's in a trailer they never ride.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
He is and/or was accurate in response capability. Numbers depend upon airfield capacity and traffic count/density of large heavy aircraft. Most everything around here is built around Caterpillar engines given their presence to the local area. 500+ hp engine ratings are common in the heavy response vehicles on larger airfields.

Tyler d4c

Fire trucks/RV's rated high HP. Ones around here are defiantly nothing special. Now a Fire Truck
for a AIRPORT yes. The local airport has a runway that will accept the largest of aircraft like 747.
Their old Oshkosh crash trucks that articulated in the middle were powered by EVERYONES
favorite on HEF-The 8V-92, both trucks were rated at 575 Hp. I asked the Captain, Colonel, or
Sargent in the airport fire department why so much HP? This was 18 plus years ago. answer was-
To meat FAA rules for response we have to be able to suit up and be at a crash scene in X amount
of time--That means this truck with full load be able to hit 70 right F-----n Now, And we get tested
periodically.
Now for a High Horse Power RV------That's just some or a few rich Booomers showing off their
crap while towing the Harley's in a trailer they never ride.
All I know I tried the 505 1550 turque horse rv file in the c12 powered dump truck the 430/1650 standard setting was way more drivable. It was acting like a 671 I guess 100 ftlbs means something

Truck Shop

Now High Horse Power Buses---Yeah----The Washington State Penitentiary at 1313-13th Street
Walla Walla has three. Chain Gang Buses, one spare that's kind of a dog with a 8V92. The other
two are 550 Hp 3406 E powered. Dwight my farmer friend when he worked for Cat would take
them for a test drive and stop by the shop, Chain rings all along the floor with guard cages front
and rear. He took me for a short ride at the port--that bus would COOK.
Now the spare was used about 11 years ago, last it was used, it exploded on highway 12 just
before the Twin Bridges crossing the Snake River near Pasco. Which caused some issues, the
highway was shut down to one lane while waiting for another transport bus form the Pen.
Once it arrived highway was completely shutdown, every available law enforcement officer in
Washington State Patrol & Benton County/Walla Walla county were on scene to off load a full
contingent of high profile prisoners to fresh bus. You never know who is going to reside at
the pen--11 of the worst serial killers on record reside here for one reason or another, Home
to gary ridgeway green river killer--Kenworth's top painter.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..