• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D3C sproket hub

Drag racer

Talk to some people in the grading business they probably know of a independent field mechanic that could do it I would do it if you were closer
Have 3 cat dealers in a 30 mile radius that have tooling done everything but beg,can't
understand them.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Too small a job for a dealer. Can you hire or borrow any Cat pressing equipment locally? Maybe some Cat collector has a Cat press?

I recently had my nephews son call me up, looking to do a final drive repair on a "really old, vintage Cat". Turned out, it was a late 1960's D7E (!)

I called on a few friends in the "collector" range, and eventually got put onto a guy down South with a D7E who owned a Cat press - and he regularly hired it out.

So I told the nephews son about this press availability - but in the meantime, he'd found one to borrow that was closer!

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Have 3 cat dealers in a 30 mile radius that have tooling done everything but beg,can't
understand them.
I'm sure they'd rather be pressing on the parts they sold, it's not the way I'd look at it but if they can stay busy doing it maybe they see it that way?

Drag racer

Closing this thread thanks everyone for your help.I rebuilt the final with everything new for 1000.00, not having to rush and getting lucky on finding nos cat bearings and races helped.
Been working awhile now no leaks duo cone seals had me worried.

Attachments

• 20231215_115326.jpg
    20231215_115326.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231215_103934.jpg
    20231215_103934.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14

Welder Dave

How did you get the sprockets pressed on? Seeing the new grouser height on a D3 gives a really good perspective on what constitutes worn pads, especially on larger size dozers.