• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crazy truck prices

Truck Shop

07 & 08 were both under the same epa rules one was as bad as the other and didn't matter
the brand. 05 through 16 were some of the worst for a ISX.

Crummy

I'm doing one this winter- '05 T800 253k for real miles, 475 Cat, factory 4 axle 14..6/12/46 on Chalmers, severe service, 24.5 all aluminum....
Got it with a smashed cab and clean title. Went to Spokane a couple weeks ago and got a hood/cab grill to rear window mirror to mirror complete. In the shop now.
Already word got around and "when you're done I want to buy it". I had offers as-is scrunched I could have made money.
It won't be for sale.

Truck Shop

I'm doing one this winter- '05 T800 253k for real miles, 475 Cat, factory 4 axle 14..6/12/46 on Chalmers, severe service, 24.5 all aluminum....
Got it with a smashed cab and clean title. Went to Spokane a couple weeks ago and got a hood/cab grill to rear window mirror to mirror complete. In the shop now.
Already word got around and "when you're done I want to buy it". I had offers as-is scrunched I could have made money.
It won't be for sale.
You've been thin on here.

Crummy

You've been thin on here.
The quarry job kind of took over. Helping now and then to 5am ring ring "HELP!!"
I just found out big contract came through and going through the winter now.
The thing about crushing basalt is everything mechanical separates into pieces suddenly or violently continuously. That and the owner won't hire anyone under 35, so it's up to us old guys.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Do not see many wanting my Old Flat Top, weighs in at 20K right at full of fuel, not gonna window dress it as is 18 years old, soon to be 19. Old machines are old machines but as it is not going to do much better. Made the offer for sale, if someone DOES want it and money is there would leave as fast as could sign title.
RSH availability is there, prices are insane and volumes of used to New one to two years on lots do not support prices so NOT buying for now, in that case have a white Big Blue Elephant in the driveway.

Truck Shop

In the case of trucks like this at 30k--check the price of a new 14 yard box with cylinder
and wet kit. As far as front axle at 12 to 14K rating not being enough, load it legal and it
won't have a issue.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
We got by with 12K steer axles for a lot of years with 13', and 14' end dump boxes. 38K rears were heavy enough too if on Hendrickson, or Camelback around here.

Truck Shop

Only posted for one hour and sold for asking price, $15,000. Vintage Truck Market Place.
1978 with B model Cat & 6x4.
404306421_10221119311967029_3225646840926662190_n.jpg

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I have been too 3 auctions lately in the south. I have heard trucking rates out if the savanahha port have dropped to $1400.00 per container to atlanta. 5 hour haul each way. I have seen no less than 30 trucks sold off. From 10k to 30k. A nice mack dump just went for 30k. I saw an older 15ton hoe sell for 7500.00 last week. It seems like the freight companies are letting go of some of there older trucks for cheap.

Probably should have bought one.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Market here is still insane. Last company worked for lost two trucks to accidents, NOT the Drivers' faults, to get replacements will be February at Earliest for new as one was a 2018 the other was a 2022. Trailer in second was also destroyed, Double Wall Squareside EAST 40' frameless dump, at least six months to receive another.
Independent Trucks are being Hired On to handle the workload.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Traditionally with most any item once it has a tremendous price hike for one reason or another,
when market levels the price never ever falls back to previous levels.
On freshly made items that seems to be the case. I know it seems metal buildings don't ever seem to go back down. I have already been notified of 2 price increases on concrete for next year. $10.00 more per yard, ea. I did notice that copper wire has dropped 30% at home depot from the covid high.

Truck Shop

Commodity,----------------manufactured items like a KW is always going to climb in price.
Certain sizes of flat bar used in metal buildings became hard to get because of that industry.
I know in some cases shops around here just ordered sheared in certain sizes.