• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crazy truck prices

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sadly is the requirement for DOC systems and all those bells and whistle ‘improvements’ that aren’t in cabs that are hilding back deliveries. China is still the major producer of all those where has sorted the US markets in whatever design ploy they are playing. Hundreds of newer trucks sit on dealer lots, multiple failures of necessity components shutting them down and our illustrious overseeing idiots allow it to continue unabated.

If cannot produce here should not be aold here.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Those "Driver's Cab" trucks really liked to rot around here. From the fading it appears to be an older repaint, or an inexpensive topcoat was used. Seen a lot of "Rust-Oleum", and Tractor Supply type paints used on older trucks a lot that look good in the short duration.

That one is in very good condition for it's age if original and geographic location would be a player there.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Those "Driver's Cab" trucks really liked to rot around here. From the fading it appears to be an older repaint, or an inexpensive topcoat was used. Seen a lot of "Rust-Oleum", and Tractor Supply type paints used on older trucks a lot that look good in the short duration.

That one is in very good condition for it's age if original and geographic location would be a player there.
My base thought came on when saw the rails under the fifth wheel, just ahead of drives in painted, appears Drive Line is pulled.

Truck Shop

My base thought is it's low miles----the wear and tear on the frame rails is real light for a truck
that age. This truck is a short wheel base with 5 & 4---that driveline didn't come from this A-Car.
Three areas that would be rusted out for sure in any brand truck using that cab is, ---------------
Around windshield, Back bottom of cab & Bottom front of cab. Those are all in excellent condition.
Plus try and find a off the shelf 1966 Autocar Constructor with fenders that straight along with
a hood that the gaps lineup correct. Truck is in Mass, was used as support truck for crane company
IIRC.
But one thing you inspectors didn't jump on--LFI off the rim.

1693TA

Occupation
But one thing you inspectors didn't jump on--LFI off the rim.
Not inspecting at all. I don't have FB so no follow up with the truck. I don't understand your last sentence? I see possible three piece 24" rims which were kind of common out east. I don't think the installer should have placed the gap in the lock ring directly under a rim clamp but that's just my opinion as I don't know.

1693TA

Occupation
Front drive axel inner tire? I had to increase screen brightness to see it. Had the intensity turned down as was here before daylight.

You see that a lot on people reselling things they have no idea about when it comes to trucks, and/or equipment. Another trick is the spray it down with a hose so the sunlight has something shiny to reflect off of.

That truck looks like an honest truck to me but I did assume it was from out your way given the condition. Have repaired a lot of those cabs in many of their variants and they really liked to rust. I leant a hand to a now deceased buddy in OK several years ago telling him he was in for a treat when restoring his 1974 Autocar tractor. I think his was an AH-64 series but it really turned out nice, albeit a lot more work than anticipated once that paint and filler was removed.

Truck Shop

FB Vintage Truck Market Place-Bethlehem, Pa. 15,000.

Attachments

• 404119824_1387671422129505_7461752995386407248_n.jpg
    404119824_1387671422129505_7461752995386407248_n.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22

Joe H

ahart

It’s criminally insane, I did some looking recently for a 2002 F350 dually 7.3L, thought if I could find one in nice shape I’d be interested as I currently have a 2002 F250. Prices were higher than what I paid 12 years ago for my 250 with twice or higher miles. Hard to imagine where it stops.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer

View attachment 300841
All SS, has to be a One Off oddball. Kind of as the 1940 SS Fords. Likely the ONLY Kelowna Cab NOT rusted to hell and gone!!

Asto the Craziness still on around here, any truck 1998 to 2007 NON to Lower emissions equipped or Deleted is bringing PREMIUM Bucks. Just joking at a local garage getting a State Inspect, fella said he could possibly pay 60 for a truck as mine, defined trying to Lo Ball as stated by foreman, always trying to bargain DOWN. The shop is associated to local Trucking Company where have several of their older units for sale on yard. 2002 Freightliner Century, 14L DD, 9 Speed, nothing special or fancy but Aero Sleeper and LOADS of wear, ask is currently $68600, a 1999 Pete 379, $105,000. Did NOT walk over to Look.

Last edited: