• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7F injection pump

Jchuff95

Update while I’m at dozer, so I took lines off at pump and submerged lines in a small bucket, have air pushing back towards pump on 5 out of 6 injectors. So seems to be capsule stuck issue now. Got some vids I’ll add to YouTube and give link when I get home later.

tctractors

The simple test I always use is with all the injector lines removed, with an oil can give a squirt of oil into the top of each injector and crank the engine, you will see the oil fly off the top of the inlet, to have 5 out of 6 capsules fail is really unheard of, it sounds like dirt has been allowed to get in to an open connection around 1 end of the injector pipe, the capsules are only low pressure around 750 psi injection, the thought that crap has been through the filters and pump takes some understanding, to bleed your fuel system all you need to do is open the injector lines with the hand governor control in the shut off position only and the hand primer will soon have fuel flowing.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That’s a damn good bit of diagnostic work.!!!
Both of u.!!
T'was not us.........

Go back to the previous page it was @D6 Merv & @Mquinista who first suggested checking the injector capsules but the OP didn't quite understand what they were wanting him to do. I just tried to write out a procedure that made it easily understandable to him.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I’m guessing cylinder 2 is the only one to pass the bucket test?
Refer to the comment below from Post #33 on the previous page............
IMHO it's not a case of IF that 6th capsule is going to fail - it's when.
If more than 1 or 2 injectors have leaky check valves I would personally suggest to replace all 6.

DD57

It's amazing, 5 of the 6 nozzles are stuck open.Oh well, if I had to put a set of nozzles in any engine,this would be it.

Jchuff95

Oh I’m going to order all 6, but I just wanted to post the videos to really show it, hopefully no more problems, I guess it just kept good prime while I pushed dirt until I went on hill. I pulled rear injector before I left and the screen inside had little to no stuff on it.

Capsule had 8n4694 on it, any cross references recommended??
cause when I type it in, it comes up with 4 cross references.

Jchuff95

Sorry for the delay(was horribly sick for weeks) well after all new injector capsules and seals. We are getting white smoke now which is better than we had, but now I noticed when I unscrew the bleeder screw ontop of fuel filter housing this mysterious hole leaks under the transfer pump?? Any clue on what that could be? It hasn’t popped off on fuel but ether yes. If you crank after it will bellow white but not start.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If there’s a hole in your lift pump, it’s a weep hole, telling u have a leaking diagram & rather than filling the engine w fuel, it comes out the hole to let u know something is wrong.

Jchuff95

So that mean there is a problem with transfer pump now? Could it happen when I reinstalled injection pump… I never removed the transfer pump

Jchuff95

If there’s a hole in your lift pump, it’s a weep hole, telling u have a leaking diagram & rather than filling the engine w fuel, it comes out the hole to let u know something is wrong.
Alright well I rebuilt the transfer… not luck. So I bought a rebuilt one and it’s still pissing but I was told the one I bought is an interchange and need your knowledge cause it may be the problem…. I have had a 4n4864 I believe but bought a 4n4873 which was told was right for my serial number, doesn’t have plugs on side for spring and has an extra hole between cone and outlet or the inlet.

Could there be any other thing that would make weep hole leak? Or is it just wrong pump or another bad pump?

But everything else is good

Jchuff95

Adn to add it only leaks on crank or when you open valve/knob ontop of fuel filter housing. When you install pump and open valve on tank it will not leak until one of 2 things are done above

Jchuff95

According to your Serial Number, providing the engine is the original, the fuel transfer pump should be a 7S-4430 which updates to 4N-4864. Try posting photos of what you had originally and what you bought.

Attachments

• IMG_6729.jpeg
    IMG_6729.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6730.jpeg
    IMG_6730.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6731.jpeg
    IMG_6731.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6732.jpeg
    IMG_6732.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

Jchuff95

According to your Serial Number, providing the engine is the original, the fuel transfer pump should be a 7S-4430 which updates to 4N-4864. Try posting photos of what you had originally and what you bought.

Attachments

• IMG_6733.jpeg
    IMG_6733.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6734.jpeg
    IMG_6734.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6735.jpeg
    IMG_6735.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6736.jpeg
    IMG_6736.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Old Magnet

Need more info on where exactly do you see the leak/flow. The filter bleed valve is open to air when open. The drain line ties into the accessory housing drain line which would handle any leakage from between the seals in the transfer pump (also open to air).
From what you describe could be a faulty filter vent valve, leaks under pressure but not under gravity flow.
I don't see anything wrong with your new/old transfer pump. The extra port gets blocked off when mounted.