• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 262B's

260A

Hi Fiatallisguy,
Just wondering what your thoughts were on the 263B's? Do you know how many were produced and do you have any photo's of your 263B? I appreciated seeing your photos and how well you present your machinery! My father had a 260A he bought new back in 1970 and we have always had a soft spot for the Allis/Fiat machines and we still have her sitting out at his farm. Thanks again for the photos.

fiatallisguy

hi 260A
I really like running the 263, it does a nice job with finish work, it makes even the toughest dirt to work with easier to use. we only have the one, we actually bought it for parts, but when it got here it was a runnable machine, so we thought we would try it out. we had never had an elevator before, but soon found out it did have its place.
stripping soils is where it really shines. we changed the hydrulics to a joy stick unit, with the bowl and ejector on the lever and the elevator on a electric toggle on the top. it works great. I don't know exactly how many were made, but I could try to find out. In the photo I posted of the big row it is the 7th one from the left, right next to the 161.
I could only find one more photo I have of it, it is in the shop when were changeing the chains and rollers. but I can post somemore this summer when it goes back to work.

Waldner

Fiatallis guy could u tell me where I could get some parts for a 262b Fiatallis looking for a pump
For the for the front transmission

Waldner

Used to run one myself a 263b repower with a cummins 855
Could get a lot of work done with it used 13 gallons of fual a hour

fiatallisguy

Fiatallis guy could u tell me where I could get some parts for a 262b Fiatallis looking for a pump
For the for the front transmission

a scrap dealer. no one has any anymore. we had to get a machine shop to make new gears and rebuild them that way. they were a very special pump, only good thing is that it is for a front. It was in the 262, 263, 261, 260 and I think even the 161 had the same trans. so you might get lucky and find one parted out.

Waldner

Thanks :) guess I will have to keep looking ! Have not had a problem
Yet get parts for the power trans just Redon the rear power trans lookin good
Till I tore the front toques convoter apart could not get any used parts:(

Truck 505

I was hoping you were gonna say allison. There is a place called Dartco Transmission and they deal with Allison transmissions but they may be able to point you in the right direction. I have bought parts from them before for TS 14's and they were great to deal with and they have everything. This is their website www.dartcotransmission.com

excavator22

WOW, when I originally posted this thread I had no idea there were so many FA fans. Fiatallisguy, great pics of those machines, I especially liked the Christmas line up shot. I found this video for a 263b http://youtu.be/hCOnxqea724 not sure I did it right but the machine is pretty cool.

Waldner

Was thinking about updateing my 262b fiat allis scraper . Had my eye on
A 627f was wonder if there was anybody out there that could help me decide