• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 262B's

WondraConstruction

FA 262b's

hi there
I live in Alberta and I still run 262's every day. we have 12 of them as well as 2 260b's, one 161, one 263b, and one 260 with a 6000 gallon water tank. we have since repowered most of them with the cummins 855 in the front and a cummins L10 in the rear. we have also redone some of the hydrulics on them putting in a joystick to replace the original three sticks. I quite like it. and the cummins engines have be fantastic. the old engines were good but nobody makes a good headgasket for them any more and the fuel pumps are hard to set. the cummins engines are superior to them anyway, they start better, run cooler, and stay together better than the old 25000 and 11000's. these scrapers have been fantastic and we have owned many of them since new. it is too bad all that technology disappeared into all the new parent companies because they had a better design (and still do in my opinion) than cat. lower to the ground made them better on slopes and the angle on the cutting edge was far better for loading, they also handled better in tight spots. I could get some pics or more info if anyone would like.
Hello
We have 3 262B Scrapers that we have repowered with the Cummins Engines. We are looking at getting rid of them along with all of our spare parts and tires. We used to have 12 of them and aren't using them like we used to. You can contact me if you would like more information

Roger@wondra Construction.com
Cell 920-948-4166

Dave Neubert

262B's in Greensboro NC

Hello,
Every time I take a trip over to Raleigh from Asheville North Carolina I pass by a couple of 262B that are for sale near downtown Greensboro, NC. Their just past the Mack and Volvo USA headquarters heading east. Over the years their's been a couple of 31 fiat Allis dozers, and a bunch of other A-C, or Fiat equipment there. Last visit they had 2 or 3 more 262B behind the fence as well.
John
Would love to see pictures of some 260,s etc still running. Still think these were the best smaller scrapers ever built. Way ahead of their time and pretty tough except for the engines. Always thought about installing a Cummins but somehow made the AC engine work. Just a kid when I started running a 260 and got to do all the finish and fill edge work because they were so easy to control and you could see what you were doing. Still love orange paint.
I did some work for the guy who owns them Scott can't remember his last name