• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 262B's

260A

No they were;nt imported to Australia more the pity

I don't know of 262B's coming in but there were a number of 161's and at least one 261B sold new into Australia. Also a contractor in Queensland imported a 263B during the 80's that was converted to a 261 after the rear engine failed.

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
I don't know of 262B's coming in but there were a number of 161's and at least one 261B sold new into Australia. Also a contractor in Queensland imported a 263B during the 80's that was converted to a 261 after the rear engine failed.
Yes there were a Few FA 161 imported into Australia
They were a good smalll machine .I reckon the agents were at fault for not importing more FiatAllis, the inquiry was there,theydid not seem to push anything other than Mustang skid steer loaders. I do not say this as a slur on the company . I think tthey had gone stale at top management;However they still operate

fiatallisguy

Hi guys
It’s been awhile. Anyone interested in buying some good used, cheap scrapers. Our fleet of 262’s is going to be in the Ritchie bros. Sale in April. Edmonton Alberta. 8 262b’s, most repowered with Cummins engines and joystick hydraulics, full cabs with heat and ac and am/fm radios. Some with new paint. Also a 260b which will be the buy of the sale in my opinion, rebuilt Cummins 855 with almost no hours, trans recently rebuilt, only about 9000 original frame hours. Full cab with ac and heat. It’s too bad we have to sell them but owners are retiring and I’ve decided to take over the farm end of things and not do construction right now. I don’t think you could find nicer machines for the money.

Welder Dave

They aren't listed on the RB site for the Nisku April auction. Are they late editions or is something else going on?

fiatallisguy

Just not listed yet
They are still in our yard, they will probably start going to the Ritchie yard next week

Questionable wizard

Hi guys
It’s been awhile. Anyone interested in buying some good used, cheap scrapers. Our fleet of 262’s is going to be in the Ritchie bros. Sale in April. Edmonton Alberta. 8 262b’s, most repowered with Cummins engines and joystick hydraulics, full cabs with heat and ac and am/fm radios. Some with new paint. Also a 260b which will be the buy of the sale in my opinion, rebuilt Cummins 855 with almost no hours, trans recently rebuilt, only about 9000 original frame hours. Full cab with ac and heat. It’s too bad we have to sell them but owners are retiring and I’ve decided to take over the farm end of things and not do construction right now. I don’t think you could find nicer machines for the money.
What joystick was used. One out of an excavator? Extremely well managed machines from the pictures. The success/failure of any older machine in a fleet is whether the mechanics want to, or are allowed to put the effort into them.

fiatallisguy

It’s a system we came up with with help from a local hydraulic company. I’m not sure of the brand name. It’s a pilot pressure system with an accumulator. We ran the pilot pressure off the steering. So after start up you just turn the steering enough to pressure the system. It’s a similar stick to an excavator, bowl and apron controls, ejector is electric buttons. They’ve owned some of these machines since new. We work a lot with small spaces and short hauls and you can’t beat them, more maneuverable than a 627 with similar capacity and similar power. We have a couple of 627h’s to compare to, and they hang right with them everyday.

Questionable wizard

It’s a system we came up with with help from a local hydraulic company. I’m not sure of the brand name. It’s a pilot pressure system with an accumulator. We ran the pilot pressure off the steering. So after start up you just turn the steering enough to pressure the system. It’s a similar stick to an excavator, bowl and apron controls, ejector is electric buttons. They’ve owned some of these machines since new. We work a lot with small spaces and short hauls and you can’t beat them, more maneuverable than a 627 with similar capacity and similar power. We have a couple of 627h’s to compare to, and they hang right with them everyday.
If I can overcome most of the other issues with our TS14G(which already has piloted hydraulics), I'd like to switch the bowl/apron to a joystick. Do you have any pictures of the cab interior showing the joystick mounting. There are none yet at Richie Bros site.
We too are in most jobs with small spaces and short hauls. Trying to convince the owners that a tractor with twin pull scrapers are a poor choice for these situations. Seen too many torn up tractor tire lugs from operators jack knifing pans when in tight situations. Also torn up power trains from hogging the bowls full as there is not enough real estate to properly fill pull scrapers.

fiatallisguy

They are starting to get a few more pics up today. We took out all the lever stuff and made a plate to mount them to. Once it was all figured out, it took very little modification to change them. They have been a very trouble free system for us, and work really nicely. Just throwing it out there, but 79coo706 would be my pick if you were buying one. It’s only down fall is it’s not painted, but it was my favourite to run.

John R Smith

Yo Fiatallisguy. Do you move these yourself from Edmonton to Alberta? What size trailer is required. What are the dimensions of Scapers.

fiatallisguy

ED0867C4-4F6D-49E1-9A98-4D84BCD7C01B.jpeg This is one of our units we hauled them with. They are about 11’ 9”wide at the draft tube (widest point) 10’ outside of tires, 25’ wheel base, 43’ total length, 12’ high. Between 75000 and 80000 lbs

Last edited:

John R Smith

That looks expensive. So what would you us to haul 1 or more of these from RB Richie Bros to at least Border, if not all the way to Reno Nv.

fiatallisguy

I really have no idea, you’d have to contact a trucking company. That’s just our truck to haul our equipment.

d9gdon

I think the owner came out very well on them. They brought a lot more than what I figured, even though they looked very well maintained.

Reactions: DB2

Welder Dave

I drove by the auction on the weekend. First they extended it to 4 days and now 5 days. Nisku is their biggest auction and I'd hazard a guess this may be their biggest auction ever. They were advertising over 9500 pieces! Tons and tons of equipment and then they have all the misc. stuff and attachments. The Barrett Jackson auction pales in comparison. They have some unused dozers and other equipment. I'd guess it will be over 500 million in sales. No wonder it didn't bother Dave Ritchie losing 40 million on the yacht. Must be nice to be able to take a 40 million dollar 2 year vacation.

Rolly

The ones with cummins engines all brought around 30000 give or take a few thousand. The ones with fiat allis engines around 17000 i believe. There was a lot of interest in them for sure.