• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy equipment Welding repair

Truck Shop

I use to do alot of welding but not so much anymore, in the early 90's I worked for a irrigation company installing pumps, centrifugal and turbine and still worked truck repair on weekends.
Right now the only welding I'm doing is a retro fit on 32 of our trailers to add air operated struts to stop dock walk. I will take a photo of the next one I have 10 left to install. In the last
five years I only have the two projects the tow truck I built for the company and my Mack. I know most have seen these photos on other threads I've posted but I will post them again
for the hell of it.

001 (2).JPG 001 (5).JPG 002 (7).JPG 001 (9).JPG

Truck Shop

When i built the stack mounts I wished I had a existing frame flange to use but ended up just fabricating the whole thing. Then building a low cab guard for more support higher up the stack,
but I also wanted to cover the lower portion of the cab also.

003.JPG

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

Truck Shop

Thanks, but I don't really consider myself a welder/fabricator because I don't do it for a living day-in day-out.