• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Needed: Case 580C Won’t Crank

dwall2181

Hello Friends,

Was out running the Case 580C yesterday and after taking a break I got one click of the starter then no crank thereafter.

Had good battery voltage and fuel. Noted the power wire circled in the attached picture to the starter has a break in the casing. After playing with the yellow wire a bit I could get a click of the starter but no crank. Plan to replace it.

Question is. Where is the starter solenoid? Seems like I’m just seeing a starter. Any tips to test currency to the starter? Also attaching pics to the back of the key. The push button start has not been used in the machine as I just usually turn the key over and it cranks. Appreciated any help to diagnose.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2164.jpeg
    IMG_2164.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Starter solenoid is in end of starter.
Try arcing a screwdriver across wires in back with key in run position.
Should be all set and hopefully arc the disc a little and might be good for another year.
Lol

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Seems as though your starting system has been modified, all bets are off. You're gonna need a test light to trace the path of the power.