• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD318D Electrical Issues

Tk_889

Hi all- I’m having some issues with a 2011 JD 318D. The EMU backlit display will not shut off and when I turn the key it is not running through its normal cycle and no indicator lights come up. In the past I have fixed this issue by removing the negative battery cable and jigging it on the battery post. I put a new battery in and new battery cables and the problem persists. The machine will start in its current state but I am unable to get it out of park. Occasionally it will go into park during operation as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tk_889

Welcome to HEF Tk;)!

Please provide a complete machine serial number. Also, post a picture of the entire instrument display.
Headed back to shop right now and I’ll have that for you ASAP!

I was hoping you might reply to my post Every similar issue I’ve found on here you’ve done a heck of a job helping with diagnosing. Kudos to you my friend!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Does anything happen when you sit in the seat? Seat belt light, seat bar light? Anything light up or change?

I think I would make sure the monitor ground is sound first. I would also make sure there are no inputs happening that are not supposed to be happening, like seat switch input when you are not in the seat, etc.

Check your messages.

It looks to me like the select button might be stuck which would require monitor replacement. If that were the case, either you take the machine to the dealer, or the dealer has to come out on sight to program it. They don't come programmed.