• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aaron.ampcon

Got a JLG with a cummins QSB4.5 engine, so the engine radiator was pressure washed, machine started and moved a short distance and shut off, started back after trying for some time would idle then shut off under load, now it doesn't start at all. Active codes for all injector drivers and intake mass air flow. Please advice on how to go about troubleshooting issue. Cranks at around 160rpm and builds around 5000psi fuel pressure.

Mechanicsville804

Have you tried to disconnect the connections for the injectors just to see if you have water in them? also with the Mass Air Flow sensor?

Mechanicsville804

Hey no I have not disconnected any harnesses or anything yet
I would try and see if there is any water in any of your connectors first. I’m also curious if your machine wouldn’t start due to the power wash and now it’s been a few days if with the codes you got if you couldn’t just crack the lines at the injectors while you crank the machine to prime the fuel system if it wouldn’t start up and run again

Aaron.ampcon

I would try and see if there is any water in any of your connectors first. I’m also curious if your machine wouldn’t start due to the power wash and now it’s been a few days if with the codes you got if you couldn’t just crack the lines at the injectors while you crank the machine to prime the fuel system if it wouldn’t start up and run again
I'm gonna disconnect all connectors from ecm out and crank lines and crank and see what happens

Aaron.ampcon

No I am sorry I do not have access to schematics
Hey so I removed all connectors from ecm to all sensors on engine, there was a bit of moisture. Contact cleaner all of them and reinstalled but did not fix the issues.

Attachments

• 20231213_150955.jpg
    20231213_150955.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

Mechanicsville804

Hey so I removed all connectors from ecm to all sensors on engine, there was a bit of moisture. Contact cleaner all of them and reinstalled but did not fix the issues.
Since you have a picture of all of your codes I would try to clear the codes and then attempt to start the vehicle, If it cranks and no starts on me I would then look to prime the fuel by cracking the nuts at the back of the fuel injectors one at a time while someone cranks the engine to see if I am getting fuel to the engine and to get the air out if somehow air got trapped in the fuel.