• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

Big entrance awning, I think this is going to be office or apartments. Ironworkers welded it all up on the slab, and it needed to be at the correct angle after we picked it. I think they spent a week welding it all up.

I think I could have got by with just two chain falls to roll it in the snatch blocks, but I didn't want to have not enough, and have to rerig, and that stupid thing picked perfect. So I guess it wasn't wasted time hanging it all.

upload_2022-11-20_7-48-50.jpegupload_2022-11-20_7-49-26.jpegupload_2022-11-20_7-50-19.jpeg

crane operator

I can't help on the shudder, but that's a sharp looking truck. A close friend of mine just bought a 2016 F150 yesterday. He doesnt have 100 miles on it yet, but I'll be listening to hear if he reports anything regarding a shudder.

I wasn't really shopping for me, my daughter was in a fender bender and they are totaling her car out (nobody hurt just a lot of quarter panels beat up). A dealer I've dealt with before had this, and we've been going farther and farther all the time, I decided a little newer truck to go look at stuff wouldn't hurt. And I'm not dropping 60-70k on a truck. I gave $22,000 for it. Which I don't know if its too much or too little, but I thought it was fair.

One of my guys has a newer GM and I don't hardly fit in those cabs. And while I like the rams, I'm not sure I need more mopar in my life, and they are spendy used. I still wanted a truck to haul parts around, but I have plenty of other bigger trucks if I need to trailer something, so 1/2 ton is fine for what I need it for. Somehow I've put almost 2,000 miles on it already.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
CO, I have pretty well decided once KW is licensed and ready to go, will do away with my old rust ball 3/4t, done me well for 22 years but time to go away. Will likely go to a Half T 6' bed or even a later Exploder or Escape as will only need a hitch for a small trailer as should need any volume will use the Big Wagon.

AzIron

Not sure what shape your tires are in I had a 3/4 ton that after 60 miles an hour would get a vibration similar to that spent like a month chasing it anyway it took a bolt in the sidewall one day and tires were used up enough replaced them all and no more vibration

Tags

Good looking truck. Is there any chance the truck has a “sensor package “ on it? That could be a “lane departure” warning going off even though you’re not leaving the lane? A friend has a newer F350 that does it quite frequently. A very light, but noticeable shimmy/vibration in the steering wheel when it thinks you’re doing something you shouldn’t but you aren’t, if that makes any sense?

crane operator

Its got new goodyear tires, no lane notifications. the vibration is almost more heard than felt. Can't feel it in the steering wheel, or really in the truck- you don't feel it in the floor or seat, it just sounds like going across rumble strip.

Oxbow

There is a TSB for the limited slip chattering, but I don't know that it would do it going in mostly straight lines.
We've had to add an additive for that that will smooth them right back out, but I think he said he has the electric locking rear diff on the that, so I don't know if that would have limited slip or not.

Natman

My least favorite place to find the trusses, close and in line to where they have to go, far away...., and I let them know for next time. I explain how at the end of the job I've had to winch up and down over 1,000 feet, because I was picking close and reaching far, and how much faster and easier it is to put them off to the side if possible. As a former carpenter, I'm always amazed how clueless some crews are, but then I remember what I put the boom truck guys thru back when I was wearing the nail belt!

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Big entrance awning, I think this is going to be office or apartments. Ironworkers welded it all up on the slab, and it needed to be at the correct angle after we picked it. I think they spent a week welding it all up.

I think I could have got by with just two chain falls to roll it in the snatch blocks, but I didn't want to have not enough, and have to rerig, and that stupid thing picked perfect. So I guess it wasn't wasted time hanging it all.

At least you didn’t have to rent the chain falls

crane operator

Hope you notified the RR that the line would be blocked and they put out the appropriate signals.

Its not that kind of railroad. Its just a loop in a amusement park, narrow gauge. And I did go talk to the boys at their railroad and made sure they weren't making a test run down the tracks that day. :)

And I did have the chain falls I needed for that job. :D

I think I ended up with around 30 chain falls out of that tangled mess.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Its not that kind of railroad. Its just a loop in a amusement park, narrow gauge. And I did go talk to the boys at their railroad and made sure they weren't making a test run down the tracks that day. :)

I kind of thought that was the case as the gauge was small for even a narrow gauge set of tracks!

petepilot

And I did have the chain falls I needed for that job. :D

I think I ended up with around 30 chain falls out of that tangled mess.
were there any 1ton or 1-1/2 tons in the bunch