• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK200 LC

Ncjetskier

There used to be a "kill cable connected in the back but there is not any cable connections (the joy of purchasing a used machine).

upload_2022-2-16_14-15-34.jpeg

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Can you post a wider picture of the pump. Do you know if that's the original engine. I will be honest I never seen anything only a rotary injection in a kobelco powered Cummins. Even the procedure posted above by lachau for your serial number is for a rotary pump set up.

Ncjetskier

There is no telling if this is the original motor. Someone made the comment that it looks like they took the top part of the machine and dropped it on a different bottom.

Ncjetskier

Does the motor that handles the governor also increase the throttle (motor speed of the engine)? Probably a stupid question, but the accelerator dial in the cab does not work - at all. I am trying to figure out how to increase the engine speed.

I appreciate all the help!!! As you can figure out, this machine needs a lot of sorting out. If I can figure out how to 1) increase engine speed 2) get the hydraulics to speed up with more power and 3) turn off the motor - I will be happy.

years ago did conversion from mtubusi engine to cummins on kobelco log loader was sitting on crane carrier lower

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Screenshot_20220216_193646.jpg
The arm in the above picture moves to the left to increase rpm. When the Dial in the cab is increased the stepper motor should push the above arm to increase the engine rpm. Have you any faults on the monitor in the cab. Can you post pictures of the linkage between injection pump and stepper motor so we can try figure out if it's original or something someone cobbled together. Have you tried disconnecting the throttle linkage and running engine at high rpm to see if hydraulics improve with increased rpm.

Ncjetskier

OK, that is a big help. So the governor motor does control overall engine speed.

I have not tried to increase engine speed to see how the hydraulics worked. The linkage was not attached when I received the machine. It was very hard to turn the shaft coming out of the fuel pump - by hand. I can use a pair of vise grips to turn it (temporarily) to see if it increases the hydraulics. The previous owner stated that engine speed did not help the hydraulics. I do know that when I turn the key before starting, you can hear the stepper (governor) motor turn a small amount. I am positive that the acceleration dial inside the cab does not move the linkage

LACHAU

The A-adjustment for your machine only sets low and high rpm. Shutting down engine is done with a stop solenoid. Post picture of injection pump and we can point out the stop solenoid
You are right. SK200LC mark IV shutting down engine by "ENGINE STOP SOLENOID" and It also has an "ENGINE STOP RELAY".
We can find its location in the attached document.

SK200LC Mark IV Electric Circuit NA Spec.jpg

Attachments

• Cummins BT 5.9 Fuel System manual.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 13

Ncjetskier

Thanks for the diagrams. My guess is that I have a Lucas pump.

Now for the update: I had a Kobelco Dealer stop and look at the machine. They stated that the wiring had to be replaced as there is cuts, wires that have been burned (probably driving through a burn pile) and some that are just deteriorated. They did not want to undertake the challenge - if they did it would cost more than the machine is worth - which I understand. The bad wiring would explain ALOT of the problems with the machine.

I have both wiring harnesses (part numbers 2479u1970 and 2479u1780-006). Is there a way to start with the replacement of the harnesses (ie: start at the ignition and work back)?

Again, I am very appreciative for the help!!!!

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
2479U1970 is available from Kobelco it is in Japan the other 2479u1780 is in stock in the states at Texas.

Ncjetskier

Thanks Dirthog. Those are the two harnesses that I have to put in. The previous owner gave the new harnesses to me when I purchased the machine.

Ncjetskier

OK, I have replaced both main harnesses that go from the cab to the engine and hydraulics. Everything worked (still sluggish) when we left. Today, the engine fires up, but no hydraulics (this machine is driving me nuts). The only item I could think of is the safety switch under the handle which is bypassed (waiting for a replacement switch). It was still bypassed. I have no hydraulic functions at all. The only think different was the switch behind the seat (release or KPSS) was switched when we put the seat back in place. Can anybody give me help on what to look at? I do not have any errors showing on the display. Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited: