• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D155-1 Undercarriage Cost Ballpark

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Ooohh, this is good news for me! I have a fully reconditioned Komatsu fuel injection pump that I'd like to get some money for! Maybe if I hang onto it for another 10 years, it will bring "collector" money! :)

Sad to say, for you D155 owners and repairers, this injection pump only fits the S6D140E, found in the WA-500 loader and the GD-825 grader.

I've got a few boxes of Komatsu parts, but surprisingly, very little D155 stuff. I guess they really are an old tractor now. The Japanese are pretty ruthless on totally removing any support for old models.

A mate has a 1977 Toyota truck, and he wanted a thermostat housing for it (5R engine). I found out that Toyota had not only sent every new part for that model in their warehouses, to scrap - but they also destroyed all the blueprints and factory manuals. It's like the model never existed now.
You can get some basic aftermarket engine parts for the 5R, but nothing else.
It's a lot harder to get people to buy new equipment if you are going to facilitate them repairing the stuff they already have, sadly enough they aren't the only manufacturers that share that philosophy.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Ooohh, this is good news for me! I have a fully reconditioned Komatsu fuel injection pump that I'd like to get some money for! Maybe if I hang onto it for another 10 years, it will bring "collector" money! :)

Sad to say, for you D155 owners and repairers, this injection pump only fits the S6D140E, found in the WA-500 loader and the GD-825 grader.

I've got a few boxes of Komatsu parts, but surprisingly, very little D155 stuff. I guess they really are an old tractor now. The Japanese are pretty ruthless on totally removing any support for old models.

A mate has a 1977 Toyota truck, and he wanted a thermostat housing for it (5R engine). I found out that Toyota had not only sent every new part for that model in their warehouses, to scrap - but they also destroyed all the blueprints and factory manuals. It's like the model never existed now.
You can get some basic aftermarket engine parts for the 5R, but nothing else.
That S6D140E-2 motor is used in D155-2s from 57001 up , does not say when it changed again but there is the cursed four letter word in brackets noted (emission )

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
JTS Komkat part out a huge range of Komatsu machines in New South Wales, and they have a D155A they are parting out.

We also have a local Wrecker in the hills abover Perth, W.A., called Komcat Electro. They keep a surprisingly low profile, but they have about 50 acres of parted out machines.

Not sure how much older Komatsu stuff they've got now, they do concentrate on the bigger Cats now for parting, and the mining companies for clients.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Most of the other 40 year old machines out there have so many worn out components, it isn't funny.
Manifolds burnt out, Blocks in worn out condition. They sell perfectly good stuff until you take it apart.
That is my experience.
Simon C

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Agreed. So much equipment that is parted out is so well-worn, you take a major risk buying componentry, without some kind of warranty, or proof of recent overhaul, or actual measurements and photos of the component.