• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Menzi Walking Excavator - Best Video Ever!

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Okay Ron get off your behind,your not doing anything much right now.Get your big brothers truck and move Brain over to some of your jobs for a couple day then make the trip to the island.

Might do you some good to get away from your confort zone and see what going on in the real world.:beatsme Go for it.Later:usa

Forget that pal, ferry rates are a PITA for a gravel truck and trailer, and I hate all those pricks in the scales on the #1 highway.

BrianHay

Don't need a trailer ron, just the truck. It will climb right into the box.

Won't be long now day :D But when it's not on the job I have the perfect spot right on the side of a hill next to the busiest highway on the Island. I will put a sign in the window with some info on it and my contact details and hopefully it wont sit there very often. :)

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
Hopefully you don't end up with some weekend warrior just wanting a hole dug for some kiddy pool in his back yard.

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
Good people those Hazco, they really like their Cat toys.

Yes, we do.

BigLakeJuly1907012-1.jpg

Last edited:

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
Brian, in answer to the operator that you worked in Pincher, his name is Al Miller and he no longer works for Hazco, last i heard he was working in calgary runnig a 600 Hitachi.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
I remember seeing Hazco at the Pickton piggy farm on TV all the time as well as the Sumas First Nations disposal site, boy did those poor Indians get bent over on that one.

BrianHay

Al was a good guy to work with. It's been a good 10 years since I talked to him though so I couldn't remember his last name.

Pincher is a nice area except for the wind. It sure has grown the last five years.

Last edited:

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
Oh the stories, could spill quite a few beer talking about that old fart. hehehe. I normally don't have to go down south now, the calgary office takes care of that.

BrianHay

HaHa for sure. Now that I know his last name I should see if he is in the book next time I'm through Calgary.

BrianHay

Hazco project is finished now, great bunch to work with I really enjoyed it. There are a ton of pictures of it in my gallery.

Here are some pictures of the cab and the mechanical end of things I said I would post. :)

Attachments

• Spider Hoe (13).jpg
    Spider Hoe (13).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 628
  • Spyder Hoe (7).jpg
    Spyder Hoe (7).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 638
  • Spyder Hoe (8).jpg
    Spyder Hoe (8).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 633
  • Spyder Hoe (10).jpg
    Spyder Hoe (10).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 639

BrianHay

Some of them are to big to post. Most of my best camera phone pictures go over the limit by 1-10kb :(

Attachments

• Walking Excavator (8).jpg
    Walking Excavator (8).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 634
  • Walking Excavator (9).jpg
    Walking Excavator (9).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 637
  • Walking Excavator (10).jpg
    Walking Excavator (10).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 633
  • Walking Excavator (12).jpg
    Walking Excavator (12).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 637

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
pics

Thanks for the pics Brian. I hope that toy is everything you hoped it would be. I haven't picked up on one negative remark since you got it which is great. :drinkup
If you have MS PAINT on you computer take the pics there and use the STRETCH & SKEW option in IMAGE to reduce pic sizes. Save the pic with an a or 1 added to the file name and you will keep the original and have a smaller one to post. If you dont have " paint " then disregard last paragraph :D
In last picture of both your posts there are five or more electo magnetic switches, each held by 4 small bolts and electric connector on side. Do yourself a favour and find/locate/buy yourself a spare/replacement and keep it with you.
Also when you have some spare time try and work out what each one does ( if you dont know already). By disconnecting one at a time and seeing what has stopped working.
One day you will need one when you are in the worst position imaginable, if you know what some of them do you can swap them around to get youself out of trouble.
I lost high travel coming off a busy roundabout in the morning rush. Blew the fuse and stopped me dead. Low travel got me onto the verge, and then I swapped Low for High and was mobile again. :D

BrianHay

It is for sure all I had hoped it would be, it's a great machine. Sofar all I have done is replace one small hose on one of the legs.
The rest of the pictures are in my Gallery, it has a 2mb limit. I could resize them using the Gallery but they fit no prob in the other 3 forums I go to and I don't want to have a seperate album just to post here. I have a hard enough time keeping everything on my computer/website organized :eek: lol
I checked out your website, really nice site. That's a sweet machine you have. Some nice looking work you do with it too.
Great advice on the switches, I will get an extra for sure.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
pic and stuff

Thank you for your kind comments on my web site I am glad you like it.

I've had a browse at your gallery, that baby is something else ! wow. I consider myself a well above average operator and can put most things to productive work but my hat comes off to you.:notworthy Well done.

I am fasinated to know how you got the idea to get the machine. Especially as you had to import it. Its not like you saw one on a site down the road and ye, I want one. ? or was it.

BrianHay

Hi Rob, thanks for the compliments!
I got the idea when I found one listed in with wheeled excavators on machinerytrader.com That was the first time I had ever seen or heard of them. I had been pondering getting a machine for a really long time but I didn't know what I wanted to get. I wanted something different that wasn't very common. When I seen the Spyder and did some research on it I knew that was the machine for me. :D

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
busy

Hi Brian, good to have an update.
Amazing how different people get to be owners, operators, or both. I know from other threads you have broad machine experience, which is why I was so intrested how you came to get the Syder. :thumbsup
I see you have been busy changing your web site. I look by now and then just to see the amazing places you can put that toy of yours :notworthy
Not seeing you around for a while hopefully means your keeping busy. :drinkup
I've had a few night shifts on the motorway job I'm on over the last week, plus Bank holiday here yesterday so have had a chance to read up on more of the info on here.