• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Heres a pretty good stuck with a little story behind it.

I was the full time operator of this D-9L and had been pushing on this particular cut and carry operation for about two weeks with no problems. Then one fine day the grader man didnt show up and I got bumped up to the grader seat. I was happy to be back in the grader cab flyin down the haul road turning potholes into dust and pretty happy to see that my dozer was getting to rest under a nice shade tree as well (she deserved it).

But then about lunch time all the fun would come to an end when the powers that be had decided that my dozer just couldnt sit any longer. Sooo, old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt), who normaly ran the D-8 keeping the scraper cut in shape, got told that he would take over the sticks in my dozer until the grader man came back.

As we ate our lunch I warned old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) that it was really soft at the end of the push and that it was best to bridge your way over it. But old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) had been running equipment since before there was equipment and he wasnt about to take advise from some punk kid. He politely informed me, as most old timers do, that he knew damn well what he was doing on a dozer and that it would be best for me to only open my mouth as much as I needed to finish my sandwich.

So I did as I was told by the friendly senior citizen known as old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) and went back to work on my road smoothin machine. I made one lap on the haul road waving at all the scraper hands and ADT drivers as they are always happy to see the blade running down thier little trail, and when I get back to the dozer cut I see my baby (Bertha as she was known by most) sunk to the floor boards in the exact spot that I had warned old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) about!

Now when I am assigned a machine I see it as MINE and treat it as such, so I was slightly irritated at the sight of MY baby buried to the cab in a mud hole. I got out of my pothole killin machine and went over to asses the situation. I arrive to old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) calmly telling me that if I say one word he would render me unable to speak again. I was followed shortly after by our very understanding foreman who thought it best to scream and yell until smoke started spewing from his ears, then point at me and say "it's your dozer, you f%#king deal with it."

Needless to say, when the biggest machine on the job gets stuck your not going to have an easy time pulling it out, especially with the suction that this mud had. After some digging with the john deere 892 and the rigging of many cables and chains I turned loose the full horsepower of one D-8K, three 30 ton ADTs, one 980C loader, one 892 excavator and of course Bertha herself helped in the fight. With many pops and groans of steal and more black smoke than you have ever seen Bertha finally started to creep forward until she was under her own power again.

After much celebration I sent the various vehichles back to thier assigned duties and let the bossman know that we were back in business. I then got back to my road fixen ways and proceeded on with my day. After a couple hours I ventured back up to the dozer cut to check on things and make sure that all machines were above ground. To my suprise I arrived to see that Bertha was nowhere in sight! Using some indian tracking skills that have been handed down through the family I managed to follow the muddy cleat prints all the way back to the shop, about a half mile away. When I get to the shop I was really happy to find that my baby was being allowed to take a nap.... on the wash rack while old man Jim (the guy in the green shirt) was shoveling out her tracks!

I finished the rest of my day with a smile on my face, maybe the bossman isnt so bad after all...

Good to see that the 'perpetrator of the crime' was made to clean your machine down as punishment ;)

Kman9090

dirt23.jpg

dirt1.jpg

cummins05

You would think the dozer could just drive out of that but somtimes you get sucked down in that mire good pics Kman

any of these at your hands LOL

thebaz

This was capping off the slime pit from sand washings. Went to tip and the ground gave way. Then the hoist would not go down and the truck was sinking and about to tip over. Fortunately there was a 30ton excavator close and he emptied the body. The hoist went down pretty hard when the pressure was off.
There was no bottom under that stuff.
Baz

Attachments

• Mack stuck.JPG
    Mack stuck.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 4,849

D&GExcavating

Here is the only Komatsu we ever owned. Got a little too close and slid into the river. This excavator tipped off of a lowboy trailer a few years later and it was never the same. Never had any power, and the dealership couldn't find the problem, so we sold it.

Attachments

• n514279687_2368527_6818146.jpg
    n514279687_2368527_6818146.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,367
  • n514279687_2368532_1454964.jpg
    n514279687_2368532_1454964.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 5,132

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
Bad day on the pipeline.The spread boss jumped on the hoe and went right into the ditch and allmost ruptured a 10 inch sour gas line,everyone just ran for their lives.

Attachments

• badday6.jpg
    badday6.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 5,001
  • badday-1.jpg
    badday-1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 4,625
  • badday5.jpg
    badday5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4,624

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
So I take it he got "gardeners Leave"....................................

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
So I take it he got "gardeners Leave"....................................

Pee tests all around.:D

If he would have ruptured the sour gas line he would have got permanent leave.
That stuff kills you pretty fast,in seconds,thats why everyone ran.;)

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
Here's an old stiffneck champion,i was filling in a plowed in water line when i found the bell hole.The second one was me checking the undercarriage of my d10.:eek:

The funny thing is in over 20 years of strip mining in the mountains of B.C. Canada and hanging off the edge of mountaintops that I flipped my dozer backing over a 5 foot cut where I was slot dozing,I grabbed forward gear and the wrong steering clutch when it started to tilt.Getting out and trying to open the door was a major job,their very heavy in that position.

Attachments

• graderstuck5.jpg
    graderstuck5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4,799
  • sidecutting.jpg
    sidecutting.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,588

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
Muskeg and mudpits in Northern Alberta.:)

Attachments

• track_Hoe.jpg
    track_Hoe.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 4,781
  • track_Hoe_3.jpg
    track_Hoe_3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 4,619
  • catmando.jpg
    catmando.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 5,265

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Nice pics Ziggy. I'm for once glad to say I don't have any of those experiences. Other then burying a blade like that.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Bad day on the pipeline.The spread boss jumped on the hoe and went right into the ditch and allmost ruptured a 10 inch sour gas line,everyone just ran for their lives.

what is "sour gas" ?

Pj

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
i thot i'd seen some stuck equip. but this is on the richter scale! one can't wash this off with a fire hose and get back to work.