• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

alco

I haven't seen him for years, and to be honest, I don't even remember his name. Last I saw him, he was working at the Napa in Okotoks as a partsman. I'm assuming it's the same guy, since he told me he was hurt a number of years before when the left front tire blew up through the floor of his truck. Poor guy could hardly walk when I knew him.

Were you at Line Creek when the 789s got shipped down there from Alberta and Guy B. had his accident?

ziggy

Occupation
unemployed
I haven't seen him for years, and to be honest, I don't even remember his name. Last I saw him, he was working at the Napa in Okotoks as a partsman. I'm assuming it's the same guy, since he told me he was hurt a number of years before when the left front tire blew up through the floor of his truck. Poor guy could hardly walk when I knew him.

Were you at Line Creek when the 789s got shipped down there from Alberta and Guy B. had his accident?

Nope,I left a year after big blue took over,shortly after guys brother Mark punched out the mine manager.They were all on my crew.:D

I think the young lads name was Jay S. and he got treated pretty bad after going on long term,when the takeover happened Fording got rid of everyone on long term by terminating them and saying that wasnt in their policy.

We only had five 798's when I left and they were converted into coal haulers with modified boxes that had tailgates for coal that could be set on the canopy for rock.
I remember trying to load one with a 992 when all the other diggers were down,I had to dig a hole for them to park in and a ramp for me to load them and I think it was 16 buckets to fill them.

With the big leternou it took me about 4 or 5 buckets.

wagspe208

Stuck, wet, it sucks to be me this week.
Wags

Oh, BTW, this was a pond that had been drained a year ago. It was dry and I could drive all over it. I started digging and hit a soft spot. Got late, decided to get on it the following weekend (actually 3 days later) Rained 3.5 to 5" in 3 days and the results were this.

Attachments

• Ted3.JPG
    Ted3.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 5,835
Last edited:

amtronic

Stuck, wet, it sucks to be me this week.
Wags

Oh, BTW, this was a pond that had been drained a year ago. It was dry and I could drive all over it. I started digging and hit a soft spot. Got late, decided to get on it the following weekend (actually 3 days later) Rained 3.5 to 5" in 3 days and the results were this.

Well get out there and back it on out!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Awww that ain't stuck you can still see a little of the track:D

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Dug these up, 'bout 3 years old.
I told him to be carefull....you get back towards my property, there ain't no bottom.

oops.jpgoops3.jpgoops2.jpg

LOL, funny part was...it was a BRAND NEW rental machine. :eek:

We overloaded the 'ol binder with sand, backed it in until it got stuck, used it as an anchor point. After shoving some busted up matts under the tracks, she had enough azz to pull herself out.

Ed

OldandWorn

I used to ride my minibike in this park close to my house and caught these guys playing in the muck around 1965. I guess I went back home and got my dad’s camera. This was normally a small clean flowing creek but something had it all silted in like pancake batter. I think the machine is a 955 Traxcavator or a smaller model with an aftermarket hoe.

I can't remember if they wanted to ring my little neck or if it was a "oh well, might as well get a picture moment." I do vaguely remember them suggesting that I try crossing it on my mini. :tong

Doya Think They're Stuck1.jpg

Doya Think They're Stuck2.jpg

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
William Jefferie, I have read over your other posts, they are borderline acceptable within the forum rules as you actually made a comment at other threads. But the last two posts you made at this thread make no comments relative to the subject of the thread, a total distraction, and nothing more than promotion of your website. In case you haven't read the forum rules, here's an excerpt from paragraph concerning forum solicitation and advertising.

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship.

You are allowed to add a web link in a proper signature line, which you have not done yet. But you are not allowed to use the forum to make posts simply promoting your business or service.

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Hear hear! Go Willie! but the worst are the guys coming on here representing and promoting companies which have stolen our jobs, stolen our designs and right now are busy finishing off stealing our life styles.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Sheriff Atco is in town Mr William Jefferie best be on good behaviour.............

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Hahaha, nice try. We don't have any Komatsu's at that mine. But here is what happens when the Komatsu's at the other mine venture out into this stuff.

Brian

WOW...! Have all the operators make it out okay...? does each time gets this bad...? does it go down slow enough for the operator to get out in time before its all under..? I understand this is imminent to happen again...? I say if this situation has become a serious enough problem that warrants a better way to handle the dig out, I say have it rigged with very tall & long hydraulic rams lifting it up very high, ten feet or better, rig it up like the Indy Race Cars when they pull over for a tire change and air pressure is applied to rams lifting the car off the ground enough to change the tires.... Good luck with this guys...