• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No one wants to work also They don’t want to pay

Truck Shop

Interesting-the read on ideas/thoughts, many factors to think about. I live where I do {Walla Walla}
because I don't care for high populated areas riddled with low life crime. Do I make less {yes},
Do I have less stress yes, and obviously I'm ok with that. My area pays less that's just the way it is,
a tradeoff from over populated/congested struggle bus life.
But there a few parameters missed in above posts-like some actual graphs by population based on
{Income by household type} & {Earnings by educational attainment}. By looking at it from a
geographical stand point. I will use my town Walla Walla & Mercer Island as examples-from one end
of scale to the other. I don't like the ads either-but. The Two Links.
The above is about pay scale, not necessarily about wanting to work.
Below is one of the best books I've read on The Great Depression, rather long.
Contains many facts no one really ever considered.
51wO+RkS2PL._SL500_.jpg

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Land prices are definitely going crazy here. A quarter section will have multiple bidders at one million dollars. Many times there are investors buying up the farmland.
Prices 5 years ago were about 300 to 400 thousand a quarter.
We wondered how anyone could afford the new JD X9 combine at one million dollars but now farmers have multiples of them.

Truck Shop

Price of property--have to look at commercial property values, prices per sq ft, and is drastic
depending on area.
Nationally $130 square ft, industrial was a total of 48.6 billion.
Commercial in Bellevue Wa. $600 a sq ft.
Just depends on location to how crazy it is.

Norcal wrench530

Occupation
Independent Equipment Mechanic
Developed and established orchard ground in Northern California is going for 18-27k/ac and as high as I’ve heard 35k/ac, Rice ground is over 10k/ac. Small plot of 40 acres went for 400k last year, another one popped up for 890k for 10 acres of rice field and a shop with no house. Insane

Norcal wrench530

Occupation
Independent Equipment Mechanic
Land prices are definitely going crazy here. A quarter section will have multiple bidders at one million dollars. Many times there are investors buying up the farmland.
Prices 5 years ago were about 300 to 400 thousand a quarter.
We wondered how anyone could afford the new JD X9 combine at one million dollars but now farmers have multiples of them.
Remember that million dollars only gets you a combine, still gotta dish out another 100k for a header, if you can get one. Old boss bought a “new” case 9250 combine and waited 3 months to get a header for it, showed up 3 weeks before harvest, needless to say I could see him sweating bullets from across the shop