• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Norway pics

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Great pics as always Rockbreaker.

1) I dont fancy those waves and 2) its toooo dam cold :cool:

I've got to love that C@t 324D with the tilty on, just imagine the detail a man could build into a snowman with that :D

The Gauntlet has been laid down Eddie, lets see what you can do, you've got a few months to get some seat time before the snow gets here :eek:

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
mayrklaus/rockbreaker do you guys happen to know if that 1200 is the updated dash 3 with the CRI QSK60? I happen to know the guy that did the demo for the mine on the 1200, a man by the name of Peter Barett who works for Komatsu in the U.K. I would call him but I just cant justify a long distance call for the sake of knowing what engine it has :D

Edit:

I dont suppose you have any photos of the Komatsu PC5500-6 electric drive in Boliden's Aitik copper mine in Sweden by any chance? The first one commisioned in Europe.

Last edited:

mayrklaus

hello

when i was there the told me that it is the last version of the loader which is avaliable.
if you are interessted to publish pictures here i can send it to some one to do it for me because i do not know how it works.

best regards
klaus

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I dont suppose you have any photos of the Komatsu PC5500-6 electric drive in Boliden's Aitik copper mine in Sweden by any chance? The first one commisioned in Europe.

I ought to get commission for the number of times I mention the "Earthmovers" mag, if only I was clever enough to hang on to it when I have read it instead of letting somebody else take care of it for me so it didnt get lost then I would be able to post the pictures you so desire.
That Aitik mine seems to be one of their favourite places for a visit they obviously have a very good relationship with Bolidens.

because i do not know how it works.

PICTURES!!!!!! they are always wanted, needed, desired, luste.... ok you get the idea.:D
Take a look at this link it gives a very good guide on how to upload pictures.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2284

mayrklaus

hello

thank you for your help.

there are some pictures from norway.

best regards
klaus

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,533
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,517
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,599

mayrklaus

hello

there are the other pictures from norway.

best regards
klaus

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,523
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,613

JDOFMEMI

Mayerclaus

Nice pictures there. I like the hi rise frame on the demo machine.

I see the 1200 loader has chains on all 4 tires. That seems odd to me. I have usually seen them only on the front, as the front is the ones that are likely to get into the rock. If you are running over rock with the rear tires, you are doing something wrong.

Klutz

Occupation
Engineer
Reallly nice pictures, Mayerclaus!
What is the location of the tower crane?

mayrklaus

hello

the crane is on the road e36 in stord. there are the big oilrig scrapping there.the cran ist the kroll 10.000.

best regards
klaus

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
I'll bring this thread up again...:)
This is 2 of our 5x 605 who transport the rock up from the tunnel in Haugesund. I'll prepare more pics...605.jpg

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
More pics.
1. Is of our spare bucket. 7,5m3 and 10500kg weight(empty) apr 21' lbs.:cool2(rented 350 behind, and at another tunnellopening)
2.and 3. Is of one of our L350F who load the 605's in first post.
4. Is from the tipping area.
5. Some of the masses is transported with barges.
Our machines live a VERY hard life in the tunnell operations.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 7komma5.jpg
    7komma5.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,578
  • 350sidetipp.jpg
    350sidetipp.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,583
  • tipp.jpg
    tipp.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,575
  • lektere.jpg
    lektere.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,570

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
More pics:)

EC 210 with a hammer at the face of one of the tunnels. Preparing before drilling.
L220E with 10500h on the meter.
And the tunnell opening where most pics are taken. Its also a roundabout down there, where the rock is kept as a big supporting pillar in the centre..:cool2
Tunnels goes down and under a fjord...

Attachments

• åpning.jpg
    åpning.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,572
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 220E.jpg
    220E.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,575

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Here is how we transport a 988H in Norway.
Scania 164 8x4 620hp

And 2 pics of a 930H that i have on test at our workshop.
With a 5m3 snow bucket on it...:D
Some of our barrack storage in the background.

Attachments

• 930 2.jpg
    930 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,459
  • 930 1.jpg
    930 1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,472
  • JRtrekker.jpg
    JRtrekker.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,480

Colorado Digger

great fotos

:usa:usathanks for taking the time to provide some history and load the fotos. how do the baracks work? do you guy's have stairs on the other side. i don't know how you could have running water and sanitary sewer with the temp the way they are.
i imagine you guys have a container that is the shower room. but really dont have a good idea.
you guys love cats and volvos that is apparent. the tunnel sure looks interesting. are you having to pump ground water out from under the fjord.
i find the long lipped rock buckets very interesting
regards, cd

:usa:usa

Blacksmoke07

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hey RockBreaker, havent gone through this entire thread to see if there was a picture of it, but do you have a bigger picture of your Avatar/Signature picture of the 5130/5230...? That looks crazy!

hvy 1ton

:usa:usathanks for taking the time to provide some history and load the fotos. how do the baracks work? do you guy's have stairs on the other side. i don't know how you could have running water and sanitary sewer with the temp the way they are.
i imagine you guys have a container that is the shower room. but really dont have a good idea.
you guys love cats and volvos that is apparent. the tunnel sure looks interesting. are you having to pump ground water out from under the fjord.
i find the long lipped rock buckets very interesting
regards, cd

:usa:usa
Looks like they are offices built out of 20' containers. I bet they are storing them in the yard for the winter. Closest thing I have seen was a mobile Border Patrol outpost. They are built out of 4 20's in a c-shape with an covered center for vehicles and supplies. I don't know how they got the containers to these remote places, jeep trails are too nice to be what these were. :eek: MTVR's had to be involded. :crazy

Hey RockBreaker, havent gone through this entire thread to see if there was a picture of it, but do you have a bigger picture of your Avatar/Signature picture of the 5130/5230...? That looks crazy!

Best pic i've seen of it. 5130B :bash

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Tunnels:
We do long holedrilling outside the profile, and inject concrete in the holes. That makes a concrete area/shield outside the profile that is "waterproof".
Water is leaking in, but not so much. A stationary pumpstation is installed at the lowest point. We also run a number of movable pumping stations up from the tunnel face as the tunnel is being build.

Barracks:
They are not containers, theese are wider than containers and longer. They come in all types of inside systems. They can be sleep/sleep, kitchen, stairs, rest rooms, changing rooms, ets. Most are sleep/sleep, that means two sleeping rooms. You can se one on the picture, they have one window on the end.
At the end is a room with a smal bath with shower. Bed, desk, chair and wardrobe. When mounted side by side there is a long hall in the middle with the rooms on the sides.
Water and sewage comes out on the lower corner, you can se some on the pics. Water and sewage is then insulated and heating cord runs along the waterpipe.

I'll take some pics of the rigg i am living in from mon-thursday... And my office, the newest version of office barrack.

Buckets in my posts here are side dumping buckets, a special aplication mostly used in Scandinavia. Big and heavy!

hvy 1ton

That sounds way nicer than any setup i have seen. Looking forward to more pics. I did notice that the bucket was a side dump. Is the 350 loading 605's in the tunnel? If it is i can definitely see the need for a side dump bucket.