• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Shoepeg

Hank, wonder what they hauled on such a short lowbed? Most of the equipment pictured being hauled in all the threads, this little fellow wouldn't get the job done.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Actually it did not take long but you did need a hijab for lifting. My nightmare occurred on a weekend. Shop boss asked me if he could take the duals off and put a single in its place. The tires were rated to take the same weight. My idea was to put 1 single on right front outside and 1 single on left front outside. I showed up on Saturday at 5:00am to find both singles mounted on right outside front and back. Forman I had with me that morning got a large load of crap from me. He had no ideaj of what was my problem. So we head out load a grapple Yarder,strike off down the mountain and around a sharp left hand switchback. Road leans to the right,Yarder leans to the right and over she goes!iboth single tires rolled off the rims. We found the line horse,pulled lowbed and Yarder back on its feet and unloaded right there. Big "powwow" on Monday morning and dual tires put back on.i am still looking for pictures as the right side of lowbed was jammed hard into roadbed and left side was 60" in the air.

Last edited:

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
This is a 20 ton trailer LB-20 built for the B.C. government one of the first trailers built in 1947. Picture is in Princeton.

about 2 blocks from where I live .

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Jim Falconer Now heres a name I haven't heard in a while Percy Logging , worked for them at Daniel's River camp at head of Powel Lake Fall 1975 I loaded Pacific trucks about this vintage , I think they had 5 of them , this ones #2 can't remember the truck #'s at Daniel's River.scan654.jpg

dirty4fun

campttramp, Thanks for sharing some more pictures of before and after rebuilding of trucks. I rode to the Duncan show with Jim in one of his dump trucks, great guy. Like so many I met on the island!