• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Emmert International had a huge piece for a power plant to move, there Pacific was on a different job so they hired a P-12 from a different and used for this move. I have notes here some where as to how heavy and what is was will try to find.

Hank R

Occupation
Emmert International head office is in Clackamas Oregan, they have a office in Rhome Texas. These pictures were taken at their Texas shop, as my friend works there. Also they move trucks around the country as needed if I remember correct that this Pacific had just came back to there Texas yard from Oregon.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Interesting shackle and lug on the trunion support...Would that be a anchor point to hold the bunk at 90 deg....I well remember building those spring packs and pressing the torque rod assemblys together....We used white lead back then........Cory

Hank R

Occupation
In the outdoor shop this shows what you have to use to get the Planetary off the axle to work on the brakes.

A I beam is chained down across the frame.

Hank R

Occupation
This old Pacific thought it was getting a good retirement job working for a building but looks like it is not cared for.

Hank R

Occupation
I did not proof read it first, it was working for a house mover, but looks like its working have run out.

JDOFMEMI

I don't know who it was, but I remember a Pacific pulling a rig like that through Northwest Colorado back in 1984. I had never heard of a Pacific before then, but I remember clearly how impressive it was. The load was a stator for a new power plant.

Hank R

Occupation
These two Pacific trucks are in Osoyoos, both are 8V92 powered with Allison Trans.

I remember this truck hauling logs when new around Merritt, and if I remember correct it was used for a Pacific Video back in the 80's

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
I still love the sound of an 8V92, but I could think of better options from an economic point of view.

Hank R

Occupation
Tom Mitchel trucking Princeton P-510-F $25 Cat, 15 speed.

Tom's old truck now owned by Maurer Log homes and Crane service, Penticton 2014

Last edited:

Hank R

Occupation
In the mid 1980's, Allied Ready-Mix of Richmond B.C. wanted to increase their carrying capacity per truck and overall productivity. Allied talked to other manufactures but none of them were willing to interrupt their production lines to make a special tandem-steer truck.

Pacific Truck and Trailer was very keen to work with them and designed a truck specially suited to local conditions. In 1987 Allied ordered and received a tandem-steer truck, largely based on a P-510-S model. Wayne Magee of Pacific Truck and Trailer was the key man involved in designing this truck, 400 Cummins and Fuller 14708LL. This combination worked out even better than Wayne had planned.

Pacific's being incredibly well built, Allied was hoping they won't need replacing for at least 15 years. Compared to 10 years for the other trucks in their fleet. Pacific built 4 trucks for Allied Ready-Mix, with 10.4 cubic meter mixers and a booster axle. As of December 2008 all 4 Pacific trucks are still in use, Allied still has a 1988 Pacific in their fleet and the 3 other trucks have been sold and still in use.

Tyler Thorson from Allied says that their Pacific trucks were the best and longest lasting trucks they have ever had.