• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

HATCHEQUIP

Telelect "terex" c130 front bed center mount need to find a operators manual or hydraulic schematic its got some controls and valves that I don't know what their function or purpose is. picked it up at a sale to use on the farm for a lot of fencing and pole barn work came with 5 augers all the way up to a 30" setting on a F800 ford with the old 8.2 Detroit

02Dmax

Hatch did you ever say where you got those cylinder packing seal tools?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LMAO, now that I think about it (dig farther in the cob webs of my head) I do believe it was a Telelect Commander digger that I did the boom cylinder. :D

You probably need to contact Terex for the info you need, the should be able to provide you with an operators manual for sure, schematics might take you a little deeper in customer support. > http://www.terex.com/utilities/en/

Digger derricks do have some funky operations. Some have a winch or a pole claw at the boom head. The digger itself typically has a fwd/rev lever, but can also have a high speed as well as an interrupt switch to "shake the dirt loose" from the auger. And then there is the system that, when you stow the auger, prevents the operator from putting too much pull pressure on the cable that winds up the auger and stow it in the bracket, thereby breaking the stowing rope.

And most later model diggers have a load sensing system on the boom hoist cylinder. When your using a 3 foot auger with the boom extended, a typical relief valve on the boom hoist cylinder just won't do, you can actually put enough pulling force with that 3 foot auger to bend and damage boom sections, so their fitted with a load sensing system on the boom hoist cylinder to prevent this from happening. ALTEC calls it the HOPI system, Hydraulic Operating Pressure Indicator, can't recall what Telelect uses, but I'm certain it will have a similar system. :)

02Dmax

Nevermind, I re-read the last couple pages:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

CraneInnovation

Occupation
Structural Engineer
LOVE the Link Belt pictures! I have dreamed of rebuilding an old crawler crane since I was a kid (I guess that's what happens with no video games). There's a little Bucyrus 22B a few miles from me in the woods that went up for sale recently. Owner wants a bit more than i can offer at the moment....but maybe it will sit until I save my pennies.

Quick question about the painting job on that crane.....did they (or you?) sandblast the interior before priming or did they just pressure wash with degreaser? I've always wondered how people prep old engine compartments for painting... :beatsme

Thanks for the pictures! It gives the mere mortals like me some encouragement that anything really can be fixed with the right tools and know-how.

HATCHEQUIP

Willie you said something about a switch for shaking the dirt loose from the auger what is this Ive just been going forward reverse and slinging it off.
Craneinn when we get done with this rebuild Im going to post a series of pics from start to finish we went thru all the gearboxes vertical shafts and the horizontal shafts, drum swivels resealed and pins and linkages and spiders and adjusters removed and antisiezed. didn't have to go thru the engine as it was already low hour rebuild. new brass in all the bottem end. machine was stripped of the majority of its sheet metal and everything blasted and all the bodywork done and painted separately then gets bolted back together and sanded and seams sealed then the final coats of paint and decals. this unit belongs to a customer in north east that had seen some of the other cranes we had sold that were in his area and asked if we would go thru his

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I've worked on several brands of Digger Derricks, I was simply mentioning some of the different functions I've seen in the mix. All have fwd/rev control for auger, but some have a switch for hi/lo auger speed, and I've seen toggle switch control that abruptly stops/starts auger when you have the fwd/rev lever engaged, this abrupt start/stop shakes dirt loose better than changing direction with lever. Others I have seen use the toggle switch to actually reverse the selected rotation abruptly, which is even more effective. My point was that you may find all kinds of funky gizmos on a Digger. :)

HATCHEQUIP

066.JPG067.JPG068.JPG069.JPG071.JPG
Thought Id post some pics from last weekend "it was our 33rd anniversary" when I took the wife out on a little drive up to raccoon mountain a little west of Chattanooga Tennessee. The river is the Tennessee river running along the foot of lookout and raccoon mountains. TVA has a power plant inside the mountain they pump water to the top of raccoon when the power demand is low and store it in manmade lake there and then it flows down thru inside of mountain to power generators when demand is high. The pics of kenworth were where they were rebuilding some of the components and hauling them back and forth

HATCHEQUIP

work2 015.JPGwork2 016.JPG
took the engine off one of our old concrete mixers and fixed it so we could carry it on 3 point hitch and use pto for power for pouring concrete around the crosstie posts were using on our fencing project

HATCHEQUIP

work2 013.JPGwork2 014.JPG
1st pic nut holding piston you can put a little locktight if needed 2nd pick put antisieze on threads holding head into barrel if you put locktight here the next guy might talk about your ancestry