• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

speedbuff

The ugliest dirty hoe

This is my first old ugly dirty and sloppy :drinkup hoe and when I am done fixing it mechanically it will still be the ugliest hoe around but hopefully it will dig some holes .I could sure use some pointers as far as what to pay particular attention to these things are new to me .This jcb is based on a leyland tractor with a brockhouse shuttle shift and a 4/98 nt leyland diesel rated at 72 hp its been sitting for some time with a connecting rod hanging out the side of the block .I have a rebuilt engine installed and should be ready to fire it up in a few days . If you have an uglier or dirtier hoe I dare you to post a pic cheers speedbuff:drinkup

Attachments

• 0fa5_20.jpg
    0fa5_20.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 4,087
  • 0fb3_20.jpg
    0fb3_20.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 4,093

bill onthehill

Dang that is about as homely as a bucktoothed sister! Still should dig OK. Polish up all the cylinder rods before you run it so you don't tear up the seals. A piece of scotchbrite works good for that.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
That's a good point Bill, I've sanded many rods with rusting chrome, sometimes they don't leak and stay that way for a long time.

I'm hoping a picture of that Fruehauf/Davis loader backhoe gets posted.

Yes the homeliest, ugliest, backhoe has got to be the JCB 3C model, I believe, shown by speedbuff. Getting into it must be like climbing into a cockpit of an airplane wreck. Maybe it has an eject button:D. Only an odd mother could love that one. Phil

Forddigger

Occupation
Pool Industry
Pic's

Soon as i get past my probationary period i will post pictures of my Ford 555a wooble stick. I was wanting a Case 580. COuldnt pass up the the price on the Ford.

Deere John

Occupation
Professional Forester
I've said before that my backhoe is many things to me - poor-man's crane, poor man's pipe bender, poor man's mobile work bench etc etc. Well, it is also a poor man's fork lift. Someday, I'll get a set ....

Attachments

• 080120091724.jpg
    080120091724.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3,818

plummen

ive got a picture someplace i took from close to 20' down in a trench of the bottem side of my my old jd 410d e.h. i showed it to my my daughters ex and told him that was the last thing the last guy who ever screwed with my daughter ever saw,and asked him if he had any questions! :D

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
LOL!!! I've done that too, only I was cleaning the .45 at the same time! Pointed to the 30 acres of woods behind my house and said no one would ever find him...

plummen

once i get high enough on the food chain ill post a picture! till then ill see if i can remember the list of rules i gave him :tong
RULES OF HANGING OUT WITH MY DAUGHTER
1.How many seats does your car have?
2.Do you have any tatoos or pierced body parts?(identification purposes)
3.Religious preferance?? (see rule #8)
4.Part of your body you consider most valuable ?
5.Are yo familiar with the crushing power of a 20,000 lb backhoe?
6.Have you ever dated the daughter of a disgruntled combat decorated former ARMY AIRBORNE RANGER ??? if so give dates and times for our news letter !
7.In 500 words or less please explain what the word no means to you.
8.Name nearest living relative you would like notified if # 7 doesnt work out.
9.Name the body part youd least like to recieve a gunshot wound.
10.Name your favorite brand of birth control(see #5 and #6)

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Reminds of the story of a farmer here telling a young stock agent, that if anyone came sniffing around his daughter, he would meet them at the front gate with the shot gun. With that, the young bloke replied, "yes and when she's 25, you'll be out there with the cheque book!".

Rn'R.

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
With all the recent threads with JCB's with problems I figured I might as well put up a few pics of one running strong!

Attachments

• brandons house.jpg
    brandons house.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,698
  • brandons house4.jpg
    brandons house4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3,687
I'll add some pics since I've always loved backhoes. I find them to be one of the most versatile machines.

This is my 08 420E w/ only 8.1 hours on it. Neither bucket has dug into the ground.

I also have a 04 420D w/ ~1100 hours which is my main backhoe. I just can't bring myself to use the E yet. We also have an 01 420D w/ close to 3200 hours which is now just a yard machine.

Sold a few of those. Nice MP bucket.

plummen

i demod a jcb backhoe one time for over a month,even the dealer didnt want it back! :Banghead guttless cheap built in my experiance anyway.told the dealer it was a good thing i wasnt running my deere on that job since it had twice the digging power i would of gotten done sooner and made less money since i was charging by the hour on that project,that dealer hasnt bothered me since! :D

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
i demod a jcb backhoe one time for over a month,even the dealer didnt want it back! :Banghead guttless cheap built in my experiance anyway.told the dealer it was a good thing i wasnt running my deere on that job since it had twice the digging power i would of gotten done sooner and made less money since i was charging by the hour on that project,that dealer hasnt bothered me since! :D

What year and model is your deer?
I rented a rented a 310g a couple times and it didn't seem that much better than the JCB. I actually thought it had less digging power, but I liked the loader end better than the JCB. I figured this was mainly because the deer was 4wd, also the 4in1 was nice.

plummen

iran the wheels off my 310d 4x4,loved that machine it was a 96.ive got a 2005 310 4x4 eh and a 2005 710 4x4 eh.definately outdigs the jcb inmo,the 310 cranes much better than jcb also

Case 580e

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I love all the responses iam getting i havent had time to post any pictures of my machine ill try to get some