• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

scraper questions

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
one of my favorite single engine scrapers was a 641b i never hear any one on here talking about them, just wondering if anyone else has ever eun one.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
MassX You run your job like my dad did way back when. Ive worked a job or 2 and we had some veterans from a coal yard and a quarry. One ran a clam bucket crane and said he was a crane hand. He was good iffen you needed stuff slung all over the site lol. He also ran loader and dozer mixing coal on a concrete deck. He had trouble even moving 24 inch pipe around the yard with a pipe clamp. On loading trucks he was fair if you wanted to remove sideboards. He always wondered why he got put on sifting shot rock. On another part we had another operator out with a death in the family. This old coal yarder got on the mans TD15 that had just been reconditioned and painted and was pushing where we were striping. It hadbeen wet and cold and the clay and topsoil was comming off in big peels. Well I lloked up and told him that when it got over the spill rack to either cut on way or taper the cut abit. We were pusing this wet stuff up to a windrow and picing it up with a track loader and a tractor pan. The next thing I see was a peel of dirt hanging off the back of the TD15. and him still pushing. He went up by one of the cranes to pull it off then he got to shovel and pay for the pain and exhaust and the air cleaner. Later that day they put him on a tractor pan and he griped about the dozer being taken away he later screwed up badly on the tractor and got put on a sheeps foot tractor. He quit later.

I was over maintenance on my part of the job. I had to set alot of folks straight on who ran what. I hate to see a job where everyone hopes on whatthey want to run that leads to dead machines. there was only 3 of us that could run the crane loader excavator and backhoe and scraper. The rest of the operators were younger or didnt operate to suit the super.

Captain Call

Occupation
Operator, Grade Checker
Pink Ink huh? That's funny since I don't care much for Rick Pinnick. I worked for Pahla for a few years before Tom sold everything. I ran 57 E's, 37 C's and E's and their 23 F. The 37C's were my favorite of the 37's but those 57's are fun.