• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JackV27

Occupation
Operations Manager
I want to know what your experiences are about the expected lifetime of the undercarriage tracks lifetime.

I have a CAT 320DL and got it with ±4000hrs.
Now at 8000hrs, have I replaced the chains.
How much traveling is too much for an excavator per shift/day/month?

I am making money through rental to a client.
The machine travel quite a bit per shift.
I am concerned about the traveling and want to discuss this with my client.

I am safe to say 8000hrs on CAT320 tracks?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Tough to say Jack without knowing the operating conditions and soil types the UC is operating in.

I have a 321DL and depending on what it's doing it may sit in one spot loading trucks for hours or track all over the site shaking out storm pipe and structures or clearing and grubbing.

Hope I get 8K hours out of my chains on the 321. My 953C has 5.5K hours on the original chains with a turn, hoping to get to 6K hours before a new UC.

Twisted

I'm not sure what a new u/c costs you but even $16,000 in USD at 8000 hours, that's $2/hr.