• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

was do so many trash case equipment

ctkiteboarding

why do so many trash case equipment

i can't figure this out :beatsme , everyone bad mouths case equipment, why?
i see case all over and working hard ,i own case, cat ,bobcat as well as other equipment and cant see the reason ,what do u guy think

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I don't think CASE really gets dogged any more than anyone else. CASE construction equipment has increased marketshare across the board over the last five years. Some will never own a piece of CASE equipment for the same reasons many wont own CAT or Deere (personal prejudices). I have owned primarily CASE equipment (minus three mini excavators) and have been quite successful. I owe much of that to superior equipment. As far as in my small part of the local market, the more that have not made the productivity leap to CASE equipment, the more dominant my position is over the competetion.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
i can't figure this out :beatsme , everyone bad mouths case equipment, why?
i see case all over and working hard ,i own case, cat ,bobcat as well as other equipment and cant see the reason ,what do u guy think

A generalisation to the FordLT extreme...you sure the government of Canada is not doggin on CASE??:rolleyes: :D

This "Everyone" thing is a bit beyond me...seeing as I would have to be one of those everyones.

If you look around forums various you will find lover and haters for most brands. Maybe if your a Case fan some TIC funning, leg pulling and plain old hangin a bit of crap to see how it drys is just getting under your skin.

I've bagged Case skid steers on this forum for their neanderthal cabs...its a plain fact.

I also, on this forum, I have recommended the Case 184X's series to people as about the best cheap reliable rugged skid you could buy.

and your right...they is Case machinery all over working everyday...so how bad could it be really????...it could even be...OMG...Good???:eek: :rolleyes:

What the hell would I know anyway...I'm just a plain old everyone:cool2

surfer-joe

Case equipment earned a well deserved bad rap early on, and as is usually the situation, has had a devil of a time out living it's early reputation. They seem to have done this, as Squizzy comments, the blooming things are now sold all over the world and the company is not only still in business, but has grown considerably.

For old timers like myself, the taint has not worn off completely, perhaps because we tend to stay away from all Case equipment as a rule and do not see or experience the improvements.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
I haven't even said anything and I'am getting bashed :rolleyes:

Case backhoes gotta be the number 1 selling rubber tired backhoe I never seen any stats but you see more Case 580s and 590s than anything else then Deere is 2nd in line. You can't even buy a used 2wd Case 1970s model for less than 10 grand.

With skid steers you don't see too many Case because Bobcat dominated that market for years and with Case excavators were not that common unless you don't want to include the old Drott machines.

When it comes to a rubber tired hoe Case is number 1 choice for 90% of the contractors.

Most of the contractors on the West Coast are

Excavator- Hitachi,Deere and Komatsu
Backhoe- Case or Deere
Bulldozer- Cat
Wheel Loader- Cat

Want a backhoe that lasts buy a Case you want a backhoe with resale value buy a Case.

All manufactures speciallize good in one area with Case its been rubber tired backhoes with Cat its bulldozers and Wheel Loaders.

Case excavators are pretty well Link Belt excavators with a different paint job.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I can't argue that the CASE skid steer cab not what it should be. They are releasing a complete redo around Conexpo. It will have a pressurized cab, air seat etc (sound familiar). There will also be other major changes. Should be an interesting year for the CASE skid steer.

The CASE excavator is a Sumitomo which also makes the Link Belt.

Dirt Dogg

Occupation
Owner/Operator
In my opinion!!! Case never tried to concentrate on operator comforts, high production numbers, or dealership problems, they wanted numbers. Government contracts and large utility companies made market shares and that made investors money. Cheap machines with the bare minimums. Now there playing catch up on the creature comforts that others have had for years.:IMO

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I think case makes the best backhoes. My cousin has case backhoes, he isn't to swift on maintaining things and they never died. I had case backhoes, then I bought a few cats when the case dealership my way went belly up. Now I'm looking back into Case.

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
When it came to a Backhoe for us it was Case All the way

1st Backhoe i learned to run was a 480C Case

when i tried to run wobble sticks on a 410B John deere after being on a Case for years i slammed the bucket & boom into the side of a 16' long 5' tall dumpbed on a triaxle truck & learned real quick trackhoe style & backhoe style wobbles were different setups :eek: :Banghead & my greatuncle was laughing his a$$ off

i have since got way better w/ backhoe style wobble sticks :D

The Case Dozers & loaders what i hated bout them for years was the steering box in between your legs so uncomfortable :mad: but i was used to foot pedals so i used foot pedals over the box (still had to deal w/ trackspeed in box though :mad: )

Thought the 850G & 850H Was a big step up since they done away w/ box & put steering up top like the rest .

just:my2c yall & have a good one

Bulldog

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
i never have figured that out. have a case 580sk backhoe. never had a problem with it, just keeps on working for me. use a friends 450 dozer at times when i need a second one, had a few little problems with it but at 35+ years old, a person can't expect it to run perfect with out a little rebuilding now and then.

Duke

I think some bash Case because it's human nature to bash what is the most popular, whether it's machinery or movie stars. We like to knock the top dog off its' perch.

Ford owns the #1 sales position in small trucks and the Chevy & Dodge guys hate Ford because of it.

I see a similar parallel with backhoes. Not sure about sales numbers, but Case seems to be the biggest seller, therefore most of the CAT & Deere backhoe guys hate Case.

Heck, we got a member here on this site that dislikes Case so much, he has a signature that trashes Case in every post! :beatsme

Look at his avitar, it has a CAT machine in it. See what I mean? ;)

My own personal ownership experience with Case is that it's not perfect, but it seems to be pretty good so far.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
I agree with Squizzy on the outdated Case skidsteer cabs. Sit in a Cat, JD, etc. and feel the difference.

When you grow up with 2 stick controls and try swinging with your shoes all of a sudden, things are hairy till you develop the "groove", just like the switch from SAE to Cat controls.

I was always a "hang on with your feet" type of guy, so my first few hours on a foot swinging Case weren't pretty. Once I got the hang of it though, it was actually kind of nice. I have to admit I'm now spoiled with the new excavator style controls on the new Cats.:rolleyes:

Tn Bulldog got it right about the controls on Case dozers...they were just plain WEIRD. Especially when Deere & Cat were revolutionizing operator control placement and comfort at the time, and Case still kept that crazy configuration they had.

Different animal nowadays. Especially the bigger guys like the 1850 dozers, etc. They're awesome now compared to the archaic versions.

It's just plain old FUN to trash the C an't A ttempt S erious E xcavation iron, that's all.:D

Duke

No problem doing serious excavation with my Case backhoe.

I must be one of the lucky ones. :rolleyes:

DigDug

Case rules! :D
My 9020B on a job.

Attachments

• Case 9020B.jpg
    Case 9020B.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 308

smalltime

I remember a contractor who used to make fun of our Case equipment,, until he had to do transmission work on his John Deere dozer. When he asked us for help & we told him we never had to break down our Case like that before he was amazed. Amazed so much that after he got his fixed, he traded it in on a Case dozer. I admit they come standard with less options, but most options are available. I hated the seat in our skid steer from day 1, but I was looking through the owners manual & guess what I found. Two other seat options. They have always worked hard for us & some of the guys would not know what a grease gun is.

ror76a

I have never been a fan of Case equipment. Tried Case backhoes, found they dont have as much power as the Fords(Newhollands now), but there are plenty of people who don't like Ford backhoes. I have no experiance with case excavators, hear their not too bad. Same for their loaders. My cousin runs Case dozers. Nice machines to finish grade & do light work with, but when he got into some tough jobs (land clearing, rock, dredge spoils) the Case dozers showed their weak points, and I had to bring in my Cat to finish the job(s):beatsme . I bought a Case 602 vibratory roller this spring, mostly because it was too good of a deal to turn down :cool2 , and I needed a roller. So far so good, hopefully it will make me a fan.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Dig it looks like your paint project on your 9020B went well. Now that your practiced up come and repaint mine.:drinkup