• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

was do so many trash case equipment

bigblueox

it all breaks eventually. i haven't seen one manufacturer that made a machine that won't break down eventually.

9420pullpan

i feel that they try and cut corners with their products, im not saying that they are junk but u do feel that they have a certain place for certain people. like if you grew up with 4 sticks you more than likely learned on case. with there backhoes for instance with all this technology in hydraulics why do you still have to still have to jerk the boom up? and the ductile iron for the boom why? another example on the dozers was reducing the number of cups in the sprockets to improve wear. im not trying to offend anyone i just see more technology, research and development in other manufactures

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Pullpan, interesting observation but I don't see its basis. What product line do you not see technology and R&D that is equal to its competetors? Your example of the boom lock I would agree I don't care for it. Is its simplicity of the boom lock an indication of lack of sophistication in the entire machine? The cast boom is very strong as given by its warranty. CASE is going away from the cast due to environmental issues with the cast process. The process was sold and the new owner of foundry has drastically increased the cost. The result is a boom of conventional manufacture. The M series 2 backhoe has been very successful and has expanded marketshare in the backhoe market.

Is every product CASE makes or markets class leading in every area, no of course not, but neither does anyone else. The quality put into a CASE product is no less and in my opinion greater than others in most areas. I can't prove that any more than you could prove it is lesser.

I think that like many other things you see what you chose to see. If you want to see lack of technology and R&D in a CASE product than that is exactly what you will see. Your predisposed to see what you want or expect to see. No harm in that, most everyone suffers from it to some extent as long as you recognize the predisposition.

No harm no foul PullPan

Copenhagen

I dont like CASE backhoes because the controls have always felt weird to me. I grew up running Deere equipment, so every other backhoe feels weird.

I do like their skid steers though. Very rugged and powerful. I havent been in any of their brand new ones yet, but the lever throw in the Bobcat that I have been running for the past 2 weeks is killing my back.

I got the opportunity to run their 650 dozer while I was working clean up after Katrina. Bare bones machine, but it pushed great. We did have to bring in the LGP CAT a few times but that was more of a terrain issue than anything else.

I ran a CASE 3 yard loader last winter moving snow and dont have anything negative to report about that.

As far as their excavators are concerned, I dont think I have even seen one around here for the past 2 years.

DigDug

Dig it looks like your paint project on your 9020B went well. Now that your practiced up come and repaint mine.:drinkup

Yes , the paint job came out good. Now i have to get those darn decals on. We also put on a new undercarriage , idlers , rollers, chains, & sprockets. doug

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I think some bash Case because it's human nature to bash what is the most popular, whether it's machinery or movie stars. We like to knock the top dog off its' perch.

Ford owns the #1 sales position in small trucks and the Chevy & Dodge guys hate Ford because of it.

I think it has more to do with what you learned on just like some guy hate Cat controls and some Deere. My self I have never seen the many Case backhoes way more Deere and Cats. I have never heard anything good about Case stuff other then its cheap, but I going to find out I'll be putting a bigger case hoe to work at my new job.

And FYI GM (Chevy and GMC) sell more trucks the furd:D .

9420pullpan

I think it has more to do with what you learned on just like some guy hate Cat controls and some Deere. My self I have never seen the many Case backhoes way more Deere and Cats. I have never heard anything good about Case stuff other then its cheap, but I going to find out I'll be putting a bigger case hoe to work at my new job.

And FYI GM (Chevy and GMC) sell more trucks the furd:D .

well put my friend

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Everything has it's moments

Alright, alright, all joking aside, wether it's heavy equipment, trucks, electronics, men, women, dogs or toilets. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm sure that no matter what brand of anything you like or have had problems with there has been cussing, kicking of tires, scraped up knuckles, laughing. I'm sure it's been said here before, they're all great when they run and they're all junks when they don't.

And yeah, I did own a Ford once, and for what we did with it, it was a great little dump truck. But I take great joy in picking on Found On Road Deads, and More Of Parts And Repairs.

Well that felt good, now I think I'll step off my :soapbox

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Alright, alright, all joking aside, wether it's heavy equipment, trucks, electronics, men, women, dogs or toilets. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm sure that no matter what brand of anything you like or have had problems with there has been cussing, kicking of tires, scraped up knuckles, laughing. I'm sure it's been said here before, they're all great when they run and they're all junks when they don't.

And yeah, I did own a Ford once, and for what we did with it, it was a great little dump truck. But I take great joy in picking on Found On Road Deads, and More Of Parts And Repairs.

Well that felt good, now I think I'll step off my :soapbox

Well put, and on a closing note, those Gigantic Mounds of C**p are pretty good, too.

Casetractorman

Occupation
Manager .. Monroe Tractor and Implement Co. Inc.
From a Case Dealer and Case Owner .. Cat and Deere are are very good machines with mother companies that are "FAR SUPERIOR" at marketing .. Case is absolutely equal in all "EXCEPT" marketing ..

LowBoy

Occupation
Casetractorman...do you know a fellow in Eagle Bridge, NY (Washington County) who owns/runs Eagle Bridge Welding, Ed Gifford? He has a serious collection of vintage Case tractors, even some with "iron tires". Everything's parked right there at his shop, right on state rte. 67, I pass it all the time. Can't really fit another piece on his property I don't think. Just thought you'd have to know each other, given the common love of J.I.Case.:drinkup

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
Case all the way :thumbsup

Attachments

• Case1.jpg
    Case1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Case2.jpg
    Case2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Case3.jpg
    Case3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Casetractorman

Occupation
Manager .. Monroe Tractor and Implement Co. Inc.
Lowboy .. no I dont know him .. I travel into VT frequently but normally go up 11 around the other side of the Adirondacks .. I will look him up next time Im out in that part of NY .. Thanks for the info

LowBoy

Occupation
Yeah, if you look at a map of Northern NY and see the intersections of NY routes 22 and 67, he's a couple hundred yards west of that point on 67. I think you'd be delighted to see what he's got hanging around there. Lots of antique tractors and implements, gas, diesel and propane power.

It's a stone's throw from the Vt. border, too.

Coming from I-87 (Northway,) you could grab 67 east from exit 12.

Hope you'll get a free day to visit him, good guy, full of Case info.

DigDug

Talkin about tractors. This is a 1939 Massey-Harris. Saw it at the fair last week.

Attachments

• MH.jpg
    MH.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 208