• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Welcome to the Forum, Hendrik, it's good to have another 'croweater' on board, a few more and we'll have 'em out numbered.:D:drinkup

Rn'R.

Hendrik

Welcome to the Forum, Hendrik, it's good to have another 'croweater' on board, a few more and we'll have 'em out numbered.:D:drinkup

Rn'R.
Ahh yes our plan is working quite well.............hahhhaa..... today the earthmoving forum, tomorrow the world, although at the moment they are probably looking for someone to take the world off their hands:(

datsunman

Occupation
mechanic
:)This is a car but has had some modifications. Was and still is a Datsun 210. I call it the Datsun, she pulls, pushes, plows snow, hoists and drags and turns some curious heads. These pics are from her play day at the fair in Goodhue county Mn in 2008, the event was a truck pull. The class was 5500# and my datsun weighed in at 3300# despite all the concrete I'd filled the back seat and trunk with. I was told that she pulled past a number of trucks so those poor fellows had to explain to their wives or girl friends how come a little car just out pulled their truck despite all the mods and money they had just put in it. I got an amaizing 184' and some inches from the start before the little Datsun booooggged down and spun. I she did all that with just 2wd, the trucks were all 4wd.
here's a few more pics of the datsun's power supply and some of the modifications I've put on it. Like the snowplow?:)

Attachments

• DSCF4300.JPG
    DSCF4300.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF4304.JPG
    DSCF4304.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF4302.JPG
    DSCF4302.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 192

danc

danc

Hello all,

I’m new to this great site.

I bought an Hitachi EX 120 , and a benford 6 ton dumper.

First time driving an excavator, so a lot to learn after the basics.
I hope to maintain both myself too, don’t mind getting the spanners out.

Grader4me

here's a few more pics of the datsun's power supply and some of the modifications I've put on it. Like the snowplow?:)

I like it!! lol

Hello all,

I’m new to this great site.

I bought an Hitachi EX 120 , and a benford 6 ton dumper.

First time driving an excavator, so a lot to learn after the basics.
I hope to maintain both myself too, don’t mind getting the spanners out.

Welcome to HEF! You will pick up alot of good operating tips here. :)

datsunman

Occupation
mechanic
The biggest equipment I've operated and maintained

:usa:)The largest was a LORAIN payloader that my dad bought from next door neighbor and it was a bugger to opperate. No brakes poor steering and the180 supercharged cummins had seized so out with it and in it went a FORD 390cubic inch fe block with clutch and 4spd tranny. A little different but hey it worked. So the hydrostatic of the Lorain still worked so we just shifted the 4spd into either 1st or 2nd and fired it up and once she was warmed up you could just hit fwd/rwd pedal and throttle the hell out of the 390.
here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• DSCF4437-1.JPG
    DSCF4437-1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 144

lgp

new guy

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I worked on many different machines in Scotland and in South Australia. Don't operate any more but miss the bloody things a lot! Great forum - like the "old iron" bit, reminds me of some of the old crap I used to drive.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I worked on many different machines in Scotland and in South Australia. Don't operate any more but miss the bloody things a lot! Great forum.

Welcome aboard lgp thanks for joining us :yup I hope you have some pictures of you travels and experience to share. :drinkup

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I worked on many different machines in Scotland and in South Australia. Don't operate any more but miss the bloody things a lot! Great forum - like the "old iron" bit, reminds me of some of the old crap I used to drive.

Welcome to the Forum, lgp. Tell us a bit more about your time in South Australia.

Rn'R.

lgp

Hi Rn'R,

Spent time in Adelaide during the 80's and 90's. Worked for Renfrey Excavations mostly operating the old pre-pilot control Katos. Later worked for Adelaide Civil, mostly on a Hitachi EX 220 and a D6 swampy. Last job I did for them was a big landscaping scheme for the MFP at Gillman in Adelaide with the old D6 - no bloody air conditioning in 40+ degrees, no good for a poor old Scotsman!

Cheers

Gadgetman

Occupation
project manager and operator
Hey from the Heartland

From central KS, yup in the farming industry. Have done many things through my career,but most have involved building of some form or another. Do operate equipment and jump in trucks when I get the chance. Im currently the project manager for a large fertilizer outfit. Much of their equipment is custom built,that's where I come in. They always suck me back in that dang shop.:D

Thought I would share a few of my projects here,as this bunch would understand the scope and work involved. Cool site BTW, lots of reading to do!

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Hi Rn'R,

Spent time in Adelaide during the 80's and 90's. Worked for Renfrey Excavations mostly operating the old pre-pilot control Katos. Later worked for Adelaide Civil, mostly on a Hitachi EX 220 and a D6 swampy. Last job I did for them was a big landscaping scheme for the MFP at Gillman in Adelaide with the old D6 - no bloody air conditioning in 40+ degrees, no good for a poor old Scotsman!

Cheers

Renfrey's are still around, they went through a rough patch, but they survived and Adelaide Civil are still going, they built a marina at Port Vincent a few years ago. From what I was hearing, the quality of the equipment hadn't changed that much.

Rn'R.

CAT_D-8N

Occupation
genral operator
Hi all new to the group my sn is CAT_D8N not a total newbie to the construction world been running equipment since I was about 6 years old have a 1978 JD 310a backhoe loader have run many kinds of equipment including d8s pc400 shovel loaders skid loaders and so forth have worked in the field full time since 2002 but started in 200 after school part time have done everything from cuts and fills to fine grading sewer storm water manes foundations and skeptics’ anything in-between have not done any demo work but it looks like it would be a blast also have had some time in forestry work as well running skidders anything else just ask. Colin:drinkup

mrfixitpaul

mrfixitpaul

Hello to all,

I guess my friends call me mr. fixit cause I'll try to fix most anything and succeed more often than not.

I was a Bobcat field tech for 9 years before moving to Maine in 2004, and still work on a few machines now and then.

I don't have much experience operating but have helped out on the site work at about half a dozen new houses in the last couple of years.