• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

scraperad

Occupation
Operating a roller mill making steel roofing etc
Hi to all. The name is Alan. I found HEF using google when looking for info on a Cat D8H. I have been involved on and off with machinery for some time. The first machine I learnt to drive was a Cletrac mobel BDH. Have had experience on International TD9 then moved over to scrapers. The first was an old Inter E200 then CAT 613. Progressed to CAT 623s and 627. Last was 627F with router in the bowl. My hobbies include making 1/25 scale plastic models of equipment from scratch. Will post some pics later. This is a great site very interesting.

MrKomatsu

Welcome scraper.........

there are a lot of great guys and gals here that have loads of useful info.....remember no ? is a dumb ?......take care ....

Ryanrb25

hey guys, I wish i found this forum earlier...I'm Ryan, 24yo from Adelaide Australia. My position is workshop manager at a moderate sized construction company that concerntrate on Earthmoving, Earthboring and Surveying. Our fleet consists of 8 skidsteer bobcats from S185, s250 and s300s. 3 435 bobcat excavators, A g930 volvo Grader, 120h Cat Grader, Kawasaki 65zv Loader, Numerous 2.5t 7t and 13t Bomag rollers, 24t Volvo excavator, 21t and 12t Sumitomo Excavators, New holland 90.B Backhoe. all machines are late 05 onwards. FM12, NH12 and N10 Trucks and various other machines. Introduced to heavy machinery over the last couple of years. Im a fitter and Turner by trade but moved into the industry purely for the machines. Hope to learn and help out on these forums.

gshockxc

Hey to all. I'm not much of an operator. I'm just a desk jockey and I like to learn. When I was a kid, my dad threatened me with, "What do you want to do for the rest of your life, dig ditches?" Sitting behind a desk all day, with a master's degree in engineering, I can honestly say my answer is a resounding, "Yes!"

I've operated a dozer, bucket loader, backhoe, and some other small stuff, but not enough to call myself an "operator." My interests? This stuff.

Here for me is upstate NY.

gshockxc

gshockxc

Sorry folks, forgot to put my name in the subject line.

p.s. is there a classified section? I'm looking to pick up some equipment, and I'm not sure what the best places are to start looking for stuff.

MrKomatsu

i know. i had summer place up there in the foot of the park....its frickin triple digits down here.....just trying to get some work in the shop....

D155

Occupation
Rental Agent
I'm another New Yorker. Been hanging around here for a while. Work in a Komatsu dealership.

MrElectric03

MrElectric03

Hello all, my name is Ryan. Im 23 years old and am a Field Tech for a Komatsu dealer. I started my career at a CAT dealer at age 19 working in the equipment yard until they found out I can turn wrenches and put me in the shop.

In my off time I enjoy drag racing. I have a 2001 WS6 Trans Am im working on as well as a 1968 Firebird 400 that I am restoring.

I have learned alot in my few years in the industry and hope to use this site to possibly learn a bit more.

MrKomatsu

D155,

I worked for Waukesha-Pearce Industries here in Houston Tx. for 14 years...Houston is the main branch. There are 12 branchs.....Now i'm a service manager for a small repair busines...

Crocker

Greetings . I am just a guy with a few old machines that I use on my property here in NE Pa from time to time I get my share of troubles from these old relelics AC HD 7W dozer / IH 250 B trackloader / and 2 Dynahoe 160 Backhoes. and I always really could use the help ,From just lurking around here for a while Ive learned alot that has hepled me fix some of my issues and I do appreciate all the great info here , Jeff .

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum Crocker. :usa

I used to operated drill rigs that were mounted on Allis Chalmers/Fat Allis machines. HD-6, FD-7, HD-9, and HD-11 rigs.

Crocker

Thanks for the welcome Atco, Yea that Hd 7 is some little dozer although her bottom has seen better days the 3-71 runs like a dream , she has given me very little trouble and being she is over 60 yrs old its amazes me everytime I ask her to do some work she powers rite up and gives me all she got all day long .