• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

thomp86540

I live in Delta Utah, I have worked in the Utility industry for the past 25 yrs, I guess I,ve had an addiction to heavy equipment from when I was a kid working with My Father, at this time I own a Case 1749 skidsteer, Cat 226 skidsteer, and a massey backhoe mdl 30, at the moment I just picked up the cat 226, it has a hole in the block and i"m looking for a replacement engine. or may shoehorn the engine out of my 1740 case into it,case has good motor but the drives are old and used up. Brad :)

dreday

Hello there! I am a hobbyist mostly. My family comes from an agricultural community in southern Greece where we have been been farming mostly olive trees for generations.

My immediate family in the states is perusing many projects around the 26 acre property in North Jersey. We recently got an IH 2400B to help out with those projects, but am having some problems here or there getting everything going with it. Since my house is in PA and my work is freelance, I am able to come back often so I can do some father and son projects taming the land here.

-Andreas

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
welcome in boys enjoy your spell here,and don't forget to take a bit and leave a bit .

dritt

Occupation
Heavy Equiptment Operator 20 years + in Oilfield.
Hi

I've been surfing this site for awhile now and I must say this is a very informative site. I hope to continue to learn more and share some of my experiences.

I have been a heavy equiptment operator for 20+ years working in the oil patch in New Mexico. Mostly dozers, currently I run a D8T but as of late I've been bouncing between equipment.

Look forward to getting to know everyone, thanks!
:usa :thumbsup

stock

Occupation
WELCOME dritt hope you have some pictures to satisfy the old buzzards on the site like myself....that is if I can find the binoculars, dang glasses don't work any more for some reason....

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
WELCOME dritt hope you have some pictures to satisfy the old buzzards on the site like Atco ,ocr and myself....that is if we can find out binoculars dang glasses don't work any more for some reason....

LoL stock,
the thing I miss the most is my good eyesight! :D

Welcome to the forum dritt. :usa

plowboy

Hi

Hi Everybody!
I'm new here...just acquired a Wabco 777B motor grader that is a derilect...and am trying to make her go again.
I'm a farmer for a living..and been around machinery all my life.
I'm enjoying the challenge of making this grader run..and maybe even trying to use it a little.
Plowboy

plowboy

Welcome to HEF plowboy Don't forget to throw up a couple pictures of your Grader...Enjoy the forum!

Thanks Grader4me.
I'll take a few pictures as go along the process and try to post them.
Wish me luck :)
Plowboy

stock

Occupation
Are you a sod buster farmer ,a bovine milk farmer or bovine beef farmer?Welcome in, enjoy the round up,don't forget to post a few pics of the farm equipment as well.

plowboy

Are you a sod buster farmer ,a bovine milk farmer or bovine beef farmer?Welcome in, enjoy the round up,don't forget to post a few pics of the farm equipment as well.

Hi Stock,
I'm a sod buster farmer (major crops are corn and beans), and we do some ranching here as well...as cow/calf producers.
I run older stuff here..some green Steigers with CAT power, and John Deere row crop tractors.
Not a lot of new paint around my farm, unless I get a chance to rebuild it..and then I like to spiff it up a bit :)
Thanks for making me feel welcome, I really like this site.
Plowboy

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum plowboy. :usa

Stock is no stranger to farming. He has a brother that continues the farm craft in Ireland, hence his interest in what type of farming that you do. And, as he requested, do post some pics of South Dakota farming. :)

plowboy

Welcome to the forum plowboy.

Stock is no stranger to farming. He has a brother that continues the farm craft in Ireland, hence his interest in what type of farming that you do. And, as he requested, do post some pics of South Dakota farming.

Hi Atcoequip,
Thanks for the warm welcome and making me feel "at home"
Yep..I'll always be a farmer first...but machines and wrenching are a big part of what I call fun.
I'll get some pictures together..and with your help..I'll try to post them.
Thanks again :)
Plowboy

Hendrik

Hi Stock,
I'm a sod buster farmer (major crops are corn and beans), and we do some ranching here as well...as cow/calf producers.
I run older stuff here..some green Steigers with CAT power, and John Deere row crop tractors.
I used to operate a series 4 Steiger with a 250 HP 3306 cat, good solid machine except for the electricals. However then JD came along with a proper 4wd tractor............

stock

Occupation
However then JD came along with a improper 4wd tractor............

Well said hendrick deere john never could make a tractor to match a IH.:drinkup:usa:tong

kith

35+

35 plus yrs repairing farm and heavy equipment.Mostly IH and Case with some Cat and Deere mixed in.

stock

Occupation
Dang he got here before me again, a hearty WELCOME kith, only 35 years,won't qualify for the old gaffers club then.

catmtl

Hello all,

I have been in the heavy equipment field for 20+ years mostly working with CAT machines. I look forward to being a positive contributor to the forum.