• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Cumminstech! :drinkup

brynbaily

Occupation
Equipment Operator
brynbaily

Found you guys during a Google search. There is so much great info I had to join! My name is Rich, I'm 32. I've been running equipment since the age of 13 and love it. I actually have a mechanical degree, but after 4 years of sitting at a desk and looking at drawings....:Banghead I decided to do what I really enjoy; being outside, playing in the dirt so I joined IUOE 18 here in Ohio. I run a 345CL excavator, 988G loader, 140H grader, 70 ton haul trucks on a daily basis. I've got a 236B2 skidsteer and a ol' Ford 555 backhoe I share with the old man to play with here at home.
Nice place, keep up the good work! :drinkup

CatMatsuDeere

CatMatsuDeere

Hi my name is Joe.I live in a secluded area outside of Medford Oregon called Lake Creek. I have run a few dozers over time , spent 2 years on Komatsu 375's at a rock plant, and 2 seasons on a D8r in the woods for a timber company.My family has had a D6 for as long as i can recall which we use infrequently to brush our land and remove slides from our access road.At this time I am primarily just a property owner with some light equipment (no i didnt get to take the D6 with me). Im now a local firefighter and am a pumper eng. / Tender op.

Expecting to catch a little flak for the name , I'll explain it here..I have a Cat D4h , A komatsu pc28uu and a Jdeere 1450.I was having trouble coming up with a name so I looked outside and put 1 , 1 and 1 together and came up with "1".

mettalgear

Occupation
Transport/Rollback Driver
HI All, I'm Walt from Cloverdale California, I've been a truckdriver/opperator for the past 10 years hauling equipment, Beer (Budweiser was a killer job) Fertilizer and propane. Also ran equipment for a construction company for about 3 years so not a pro but i can handle what ever is usaly thrown at me. I work for Rental Solutions, a small but growing rental company so i get mix of equipment to play with from a PC200's to shop vacs. and I just want to go on the recored and say I HATE TRANSPORTING LIGHT TOWERS! sorry but if you have ever had to move em you know what im talking about..

SidewinderGlenn

Occupation
IUOE #132
SidewinderGlenn

Hi Guys ! Noobee here .... been lurking for a while ... figgerd I'd sign up & say Hi. Live in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia (No .. NOT Virginia) ... been yankin levers since Shep was a pup . Been with local 132 since 98 ... have worked mostly for an outfit in Weirton since 88 (they treat me pretty good!). They just bought a Trimble GCS 900 system .. put it on our D6r & wanted me to be the guy to learn how to use it. Been having a blast with it for about a month ... building a baseball field .. softball field & football field for a local High School.
Got lots of pics of previous jobs ... if I can figger out how to post em here ???:beatsme
~Glenn

SidewinderGlenn

Occupation
IUOE #132
SidewinderGlenn

Welcome, all of you new members! :)

SidewinderGlenn, here's the tutorial on picture posting:https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2284

Thanks Digger ! I've got a ton of pretty good pics from when I was on with your buddy Ralph ... when he was down here cutting the hill back ... to make Rt 2 wider between Weirton & Follansbee. BUT .... the little "Posting Rules" box down there v ... says "You may not post attachments" :ban :beatsme
~Glenn

nctrnl

Hi there, new to the forum. living in Memphis,tn. New to heavy equipment in these scales. I use to drive Forklift. But thats getting old and boring. I been researching on crane operator. I understand its a whole different animal,but I like operating equipment. Well I joined the forum, hopefully to find answers to some questions I have and to further my knowledge in this new career change I'm pursuing. I have been talking to so school, one of them is NAHETS. Has anyone had experience in their training?Thanks for the help.

rocket100

Hi all
I currently work in a brown coal mine in Victoria. Have worked in eathmoving for the past18 years, pretty much since I left school. Can operate most items of plant. Have worked on 4 or 5 major freeway jobs and 3 river diversions but now have a permanant job in the mine. We use D11's and a feeder breaker system to load the coal onto the conveyors. Will post some pics when I learn how. Just thought I would say G'day and say what an excellent site.
cheers

WV_Logger

lived in West Virginia all my life, logged all my life, I do everything there is to do in the woods, run skidder, loader, dozer a little, even cut timber but not enless i HAVE to.

Pecord Exc

Pecord Exc

Hi guys my name is Rich I am in Westchester County NY, My father has a small excavating company that I work for on weekends during the week I am a dreaded inspector for a private engineering firm. Been on equipment since I could walk! I look foward to contributing to the site I definitly have some pretty good pictures to share soon! I am looking forward to it!

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
Hi to all from beautiful Greece!!!
I am a new civil engineer and i own few machinery such us cat 955L, jcb 3cx, bobcat 743,
cat 307 ssr (gmm), Merlo (concrete maker), Mercedes Benz 808, 814 and 2635.
I am happy to be here and i think i have many things to learn from all you!
Sorry for my bad writing.....

ForestDan

Looking for advise

I joined this group only minutes ago. I found Heavy Equipment while researching CTL use in the forestry industry, within which I operate. Anyone out there hauling logs on smaller forestry operations?

Snowy

G'day Guys.

My name's Grant. I live in Sydney Australia.
I recently purchaced my first machine which is a 30 tonne excavator. It's a 1988 model Hitachi UH143.
I bought it to build motocross tracks on my mates property. He's also got a Case Backhoe, D2 Cat Dozer, a water truck, and a Ford tracktor.
I came across this forum while looking for some information about my excavator.
I am finding that there isn't much out there about the UH143...

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
G'day Guys.

I recently purchaced my first machine which is a 30 tonne excavator. It's a 1988 model Hitachi UH143.

Welcome aboard Snowy, I'd be very intrested in seeing a picture of that machine if at all possible.
From 1989 to 82 I was on a pipeline in Algeria, North Africa we had UH14 about 30t and twin engined UH20 about 70t Hitachi exc, at that time the only Hitachi's in the UK were radios :D I'm just wondering about the numbering :beatsme :drinkup

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowy

Welcome aboard Snowy, I'd be very intrested in seeing a picture of that machine if at all possible.
From 1989 to 82 I was on a pipeline in Algeria, North Africa we had UH14 about 30t and twin engined UH20 about 70t Hitachi exc, at that time the only Hitachi's in the UK were radios :D I'm just wondering about the numbering :beatsme :drinkup

She needs a bit of a clean, but here she is.

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Bucket.jpg

Ruffasacob

Ruffasacob

Hello, I just purchased a 1969 Case 580 TLB and was searching for information and found this site. I'm used to smaller farm tractors, Farmall A and Regular, Ford 8n, Fordson F, but this is my first Industrial style machine. It's just for home use and my user name describes the Case pretty well. I'm sure I'll learn alot from this site. Thanks, Ruff