• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yarder moved by rail...

chris berlin

I was at sea for over 25 years...15 as a Captain...and did 7 heavy Transports aboard...the moment that a load touches your deck/cargo hold you own it until it is at its destination and on the dock again. So when we loaded a 50 Million $$$ Piece of equipment I made sure it was checked and checked again, meaning there was an ABS Inspector/Surveyor an Insurance Inspector and a Surveyor from the Shipping company...AND...Most of all, all working on the securing of the cargo where certified for their job, from the welders to the stevedores including my crew members all of them including myself had to provide certifications or sign off on all the hold downs, welds dunnage etc to secure the cargo. and only after they all gave their OK and signed off I did a final inspection and signed the documents.

Truck Shop

I drove truck off and on most of my life, I had to account for every tomato in every flat/or every
sprig of asparagus in every lug from time loaded to time unloaded had to be load locked in place
no damage. Because any damage or missing produce would come out of my pay check and that
check wasn't much money. So I being the captain of my truck, load inspector, load safety officer
and over all dock watcher had to sign off on a form no one gave a crap about to document the
load in case of discrepancy.:)

chris berlin

I hear you...at the end of the day ...Truck driver or captain...it is your ass ! You know the difference between a truck and a cargo ship...ship takes longer to stop and has a bigger turn radius...the BS is the same...

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Some pics of my scratch build bull car with load.

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpeg
    IMG_2552.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2553.jpeg
    IMG_2553.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The reports were that it was dropped between 4 & 5 metres as a result of a rigging failure. I don't think it was caught on video because it apparently happened inside the hold of the ship.
It was sent back to GE in the US, rebuilt using a replacement chassis and thereafter used as a test hack.
And here’s the confirmation. Somehow it popped up on my YouTube feed.