• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 12h no gear, not moving

Criss Brock

Can place unit in any desired gear and it won’t budge. Have codes for trans selector lever and then another for Tran indicator light open circuit. The selector code is stored until activated then I get an active code. I’m guessing it’s the selector lever but needing some reassuring.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
CID764 FMI05 is the Transmission Indicator Lamp, current below normal. "FMI 05 occurs when the current through the identified circuit is below the valid range. FMI 05 most often relates to a driver circuit." Unfortunately I cannot find a troubleshooting procedure for it.

CID668 FMI02 is Transmission Shift Lever, Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. The updated software is designed to address this Code. However, I would suggest checking all the electrical connections to the transmission control as a first step. I'll send you the schematic so that you can see where all the major harness connectors are located between the shifter control and the transmission ECM.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here's the best I can find, it's for a wheel loader but the principles of the procedure are the same. You will have to relate this procedure to what you see on the electrical schematic I sent you.

Attachments

• 668-02.pdf
    204.4 KB · Views: 2

JaredV

Our 143H wouldn't move one morning. I noticed it cranked slower than usual but still started. Turned out the alternator was bad and voltage was too low.