• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Commercial construction work pictures

skyking1

I got it backfilled and built with the existing doubled up rock, so I could use the stones I harvested to start an upper rockery where I robbed the fill. Too bad it was not enough. I set a bottom course so when the bank slumps it is captured more or less.
PXL_20230801_024343073.jpg

JaredV

I always hated building rock walls. I always had to use round rocks like that because they're cheaper. Pear shaped is the worst. They just won't do what you want them to do.

skyking1

We had 3 excavators, a backhoe and two dump trucks dancing around a city lot the last two days. Our goal was to get the 6" main trunk in before they filled the low side of the lot up.
The utilities crew was in there at the same time, getting the storm lines down each side. They had set two manholes at the high end of the lot in the alley. This means those trenches are 100% CDF as they are about under the footings.
The building is 5 stories and I don't know how many units.
We will come back and dig all the branches out after they fill in the site and get footings poured.
How about a few stacks? That is down a central hallway on the ground floor slab on grade.
PXL_20231005_215439782.jpg
This Pit Bassett lives in the hood. At first glance I thought, "man that is a tough looking corgi" :D

PXL_20231004_165029788.jpg

skyking1

@CM1995 this is a 100% unsuitable job and our trench will get filled by import, but that is on the general. I have offered to place and compact it.
I had one good pile of material that would go back IMO, but a whole lot of dirt laced with demo debris.
At least I got down to decent native for the bottom of the trench. The grade came up fast enough that we had to toss in a couple of 45's and jump the pipe up 18" to stay above shoring depth.

skyking1

That's not a mess.
This is a mess.

PXL_20231010_155504562.jpg

PXL_20231010_162119212.jpg

In all fairness, the logger probably did what was asked, to clean it all up neatly and put it in a berm. I was the fool who came behind a year later and sorted all the burnables out of the dirt and roots and decomposed needles. It has a very high dirt content.

skyking1

The berm-O-Crapola stretched from that stump on the left
PXL_20231010_235220945.jpg
around to way over yonder.

PXL_20231010_235223964.jpg

I have grubbed out all the stuff that I can without any hand jobbing.
Tomorrow I will put on the 4' clean up bucket and RE-berm it. It will be greatly reduced in stature, and shaped so they can plant trees and whatnot on top of it.
What was there was a really nasty death hazard of trees and huge limbs. Climbing up on it would be perilous, with all sorts of trips and deep holes, and at least one hornet's nest.
There is the worst of it, to the right of the fire. It was no bueno.

PXL_20231007_221141992-1.jpg

There is most of it, with the stump pile that we were not able to burn. I hid that behind some cedars.
PXL_20230415_212631893-2.jpg

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
That cleaned up nice, Skyking1. I’ll show you what’s not a mess. My new 3 bed, deep trench, ADEC approved septic system. 1000 gallon Greer plastic tank. Did a T configuration with a 30’ drain field. It’s pretty sweet.

I waited around two summers for you to mobe 1,500 miles. I kept listening for your 3406B to sing the Jake’s and slow down for the corner, but alas,…,IMG_8296.jpegIMG_8348.jpeg

Coaldust

Occupation
I’m filling the tank through the cabin inlet. Then, there is a pvc clean out, then an pvc pipe from tank chamber#1, a second pvc pipe from chamber #2, then a pair of drain field monitor pipes on each side of the drain field. There is a lone ABS pipe on the far right which is a branch going to my garage.

I’ll post the drawing. It will make more sense.

skyking1

My little government job got cut short, they wanted me to mobe in to a deep dig that is coming up. They write the paychecks so I did what I could.
I had tossed the bermy crapola to the center circle after gleaning on it a bit, but I had a big mess in there so I scraped it all up, along with the first fire pile of ash, and built one of the finish product berms.
I got the last of the burnables on the fire, but that was about it.
PXL_20231011_200508520.jpg

The neighbor has a logging outfit and shop, and this little berm will get planted with some royal fir seedlings that volunteered in the yard to make a privacy screen. If/when I get back I will continue with that.
It looks mostly like dirt now after fingering it for a few days.
PXL_20231011_201811812.jpg

skyking1

I'm moved back into the second building of that little forest of stacks job.
The first thing I noticed it was pretty bad access. I ended up dumping my pea gravel in the footing, and jumping over that into the job.
PXL_20231012_172355188.jpg

It's a really weird building with a 16-in thick slab and still a foot of base to go in there. Much of our pipe was going to be in the air, or so we thought. Somebody really didn't look at the print very well and there is a floor drain in a lower area, down by the alley that's going to have me in shoring all the way through the building.
Now the powers that be are hashing through all that stuff that they should have done beforehand.
I walked up to MLK way to get some lunch while they were getting answers and stopped by a job that I dug for them 10 years ago.
I posted pictures earlier about this fuel tank, it was for this massive generator.
PXL_20231012_205954459.jpg

Last edited:

Coaldust

Occupation
I’m trying to pioneer a road through the Alaskan Wilderness. Everyone is too busy trying to wrap up the season before winter sets in. I got this little Cat 306B. What a sweetheart of a machine. Trying to mine some gravel.

Can’t figure out the technique. I did a trench and stockpiled top soil on one side and gravel on the other. Meh…. Then, I tried digging a big hole and putting top soil on one side and gravel on the other. Dug my self into a corner and can’t reach the top soil to bury it.

Any tips?

I was going to haul some rock, but road construction on the Hwy is adding a huge expense in wait time. Everyone is busy. My ten wheeler is broken and the judge hasn’t given me my rig license back.

IMG_8368.jpeg

skyking1

It's a community health care facility with a parking garage next door. I have no idea why they justified that much generator.

skyking1

So I understand you don't have the license but can you fix the rig and get it on site? That would really help. You could strip a bunch heap up a bunch of gravel and toss it in the truck and make a stockpile. Then you could throw the strippings back in the hole and repeat.
When your license got sorted out you could hope that the highway construction was done and you could move material efficiently.

Coaldust

Occupation
That’s a good idea. I’m muddling through it. Went back to the trench technique. My hoe skills are coming back. Got the stump pile burning.

skyking1

I was going to scratch the main line in on that right paint mark with about 4" of cover at the shallow end, until I got to looking at the print.
PXL_20231012_172522866.jpg

There is a pesky little floor drain WAY down there that we supposedly have to pick up. That is a 5 foot bust-ola.
PXL_20231012_214526685.jpg