• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Impact's "Things Done at Work"

Impact

Occupation
Owner
not many photos, but, here's one lift. 11,000 pounds..60-70 radius, 145' high. Only reason the jib was on, was we had some lifts up and over the elevator. Well, that and I wanted to. :cool:

Attachments

• 165T photo resized.jpg
    165T photo resized.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 986

Tiny

I'm pretty tickled that you have to confidence and the bis to dive in and buy equipment . Company has two smaller groves that are hydraulic Jibs . both operators love it .

I hope that the same thing we had happen will come your way . Long while back my boss wanted a larger machine . Corporate said they didn't see a market but bought it anyway . Once the word got out the customers started calling . Wound up buying a second machine the same class .

Your really need to put up pictures of the tank progress Old or not . I'm nosy

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Thanks Tiny. Actuallly..my thinking on this purchase was sorta like this..

The 165t isn't any more trouble to move than the 100t. Right now, and for several months, I can utilize all the cranes I have. After this push, if business slows a bit, I may put the 100t up for sale. If business stays good, I'll keep them both.

Basically we have the foundation in place for the tank. It looks just like...A big round slab of concrete...LOL..but, I'll try and get some aerial photos of it. Erectors will be there later in the week to start the tank itself. We're going to need all three cranes we have to set the roof trusses. Two 150t class cranes would be the perfect size, but, I only own one. The lifts are 7,000 pounds each pair of trusses. The problem is one pair of trusses will be set say at 12:00...the next at 6:00..then a pair at 3 and 9. Basically skipping all around. I think there are 78 total pairs to set. The 165t will handle one half. The 100 t will handle 60-70% of the other half. We'll park the 60t to set the few the 100t can't reach.

I think the roof alone weighs over 300,000 pounds. The entire tank was on 2 trucks. A million pounds or so.

Tiny

That foundation dwarfs the other bins and they are pretty fair sized

That big noise in the back ground when you near the top almost made me hit the panic button LOL

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Impact, may not make 170 feet, but you should be on the lookout for a JLG 1500SJ. 150' platform height, 8' 2" wide with axles retracted, 12' 6" extended, 48,000 lbs.

JLG 1500SJ resized.jpg

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Tiny, that's just me kicking junk out from under my feet. Freaked Mrs Impact out too.

Willie..Wish I had one that size. That 120 lacks some quite often. So many toys, just not enough money!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Willie..Wish I had one that size. That 120 lacks some quite often. So many toys, just not enough money!

I understand that. :)

But the way your business has grown, wouldn't surprise me to see a pic of one some day at "Impact's things done at work". :cool:

Impact

Occupation
Owner
First catwalk in place. 120' high, 100' long, 25,000 pounds.

err..it's upside down. How'd I do that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Set the rafters on the roof last week. Used a 100t Liebherr, and the 165T Grove. Longest pick was 135' radius, 7500 pounds.

Attachments

• tank roof.jpg
    tank roof.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 812

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Photo looking up the 100T Leibherr boom, to show the deflection. I know it has to deflect. I know it's going to deflect, but, it still freaks me out to stand behind it and get this view.

Attachments

• boom deflection.JPG
    boom deflection.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 810

Tiny

Max reach and max load with the jib . Don't look , It'll make you sick to your stomach ;) . That's a lotta iron in the roof . Any idea how much the bin it's self will weigh ?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The boom of hydrocranes of today aren't like the rigid booms of yesteryear, their more akin to a fishing rod with a large mouth bass on the other end of the line.

mitch504

Just to make you laugh:
Due to a dead hard drive, my only Internet access is an iPhone. When I saw your upside down pic, I turned it over to see it, but, I can't! This dang thing keeps flipping it "for" me.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Max reach and max load with the jib . Don't look , It'll make you sick to your stomach ;) . That's a lotta iron in the roof . Any idea how much the bin it's self will weigh ?

I can find out, but it took 22 trucks to haul it in.

Oxbow

Just to make you laugh:
Due to a dead hard drive, my only Internet access is an iPhone. When I saw your upside down pic, I turned it over to see it, but, I can't! This dang thing keeps flipping it "for" me.

That's funny Mitch, as I have had the same thing happen - you just can't catch up with the darn phone!

Impact

Occupation
Owner
image.jpg

Setting a 140' long 25,000 pound catwalk this morning. 55' radius. Boom has a tip height of 168'

Last edited: