• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Impact's "Things Done at Work"

td25c

Have to "right click" on the picture just below the mouse pad on a lap top unit . Then on mine at the top of the list of options click on "paint" . This allows resizing , rotating , & other editing .

That's impressive Impact ! We stayed pretty busy this summer with crane & fab work at several Farms . I really enjoy it .

Attachments

• image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 538

Impact

Occupation
Owner
image.jpgHad an interesting job last week. Removing an old water tower for the Full Throttle guys. They're going to add their logo and move it to their distillery. Just a big sign.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
That's one dang cool picture! Did someone know what it weighed or did you calculate the weight?

Impact

Occupation
Owner
When the customer called, he told me it weighed 32,500. I was like..no disrespect but how do you know? He calculated it. His plan was for me to hook to it, then he basically cuts it loose on me. My response was, we'll calculate our own weights. We calculated 35,000. We had 4,000 of rigging counting the block. Total of 39,000 was our estimate. When we set up, we were good for 42,000. Our estimate was dead on. Much to our relief.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
When the customer called, he told me it weighed 32,500. I was like..no disrespect but how do you know? He calculated it. His plan was for me to hook to it, then he basically cuts it loose on me. My response was, we'll calculate our own weights. We calculated 35,000. We had 4,000 of rigging counting the block. Total of 39,000 was our estimate. When we set up, we were good for 42,000. Our estimate was dead on. Much to our relief.
The pucker factor would be fairly high about the time she was clearing the base.

td25c

Nice work Impact . I cant think of the manufacturer of the tower but they are all over the country . Have several identical to the one you took down in my area . Be interesting what year they were installed . Late 1930's to maybe 1950's :beatsme

Impact

Occupation
Owner
We had to take it from vertical to horizontal once it was on the ground. All I'm going tosay about that operation is nobody died, and nothing got tore up.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
GD! I'm getting nervious just looking at that picture, might have to put my safty harness on sitting at my desk:eek:

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I wonder how much sway there is in that boom on a windy day. It looks like he's hanging on pretty tight.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I wonder how much sway there is in that boom on a windy day. It looks like he's hanging on pretty tight.

Shoot, my hands would hang on so tight ya couldn't pop 'em loose with a 10' pry bar. That's just in-freaking-sane for a boom lift.