• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Local UP siding had GMK 5275 used only main mast with at most two squirt booms to set ROW machinery from a yard drop by truck. Helluva bill to move machines more than likely a tenth of capacity for a Budrovich team. Crane two service trucks and a tractor trailer they retrieved ONE counterweight piece from.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
The surrounding area of Lyons Ferry and Clyde, The road actually goes around elevator but
runs straight in line with center of elevator. Fields will be green this time of year and turn
color fast. Pit is near top of grade. Fun job to do, very few people out there, just a few
snakes-Bull and Buzz.
View attachment 287326View attachment 287327View attachment 287327View attachment 287329View attachment 287326
I used to hunt mule deer on that bluff between Lyons Ferry and Starbuck. Interesting place because white tail and mule deer habitat crossed over. Even saw elk. There was a wheat producer that refused to join the local hunt club lease mafia and allowed guys to hunt. Also, in that area, every section 36 of each township is university land and is open to the public, but access can be tough. Corner crossing and such. I worked on his equipment. Had a couple Challenger 65’s. Can’t recall his name. Great family.

Truck Shop

I used to hunt mule deer on that bluff between Lyons Ferry and Starbuck. Interesting place because white tail and mule deer habitat crossed over. Even saw elk. There was a wheat producer that refused to join the local hunt club lease mafia and allowed guys to hunt. Also, in that area, every section 36 of each township is university land and is open to the public, but access can be tough. Corner crossing and such. I worked on his equipment. Had a couple Challenger 65’s. Can’t recall his name. Great family.
Oh yeah there's been elk there for a long time. Ayers Junction back up the road runs to the west of
Lyons Ferry takes you to the Union Pacific siding yard along the river, that area is totally infested
with Mule and White Tail plus rattle snakes. The whole of the Snake River to Clarkston is full of
Chucker's. But you can't get on much of that land, university land is closed now. Dwight will know
who that farmer is.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
What kind of trucks are those yellow cabovers? I think my great uncle had one of those for his moving and storage business.
Jeff

Truck Shop

This photo of the only Kenworth produced {factory custom built in 1950} with a Hall Scott-
V12 {2,182 cu.in.} Defender keeps popping up on the web. It was built using a three man
cab and had outside frame mounted steering gear. It was built for a fuel company-story goes
it later caught fire/roasted. A friend who is a early KW collector of records-no build sheet has
ever turned up in KW archives. But he managed to come up with these photos of it's
construction.

351456072_135867199462431_656431235023137086_n.jpg

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Yep, my great uncle had one of these. In fact, he had a whole city block long garage where he parked his old trucks when he no longer used them. This old semi had a little short moving type trailer still hooked to it. I know he had trucks dating back to model A Fords in those garages. Everything was sold at an auction in about 1974 or so. Wish I knew if any were saved, but I was not at the auction to see what happened to them.