• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

skyking1

carry a few of these to put over those things.
Less than a buck apiece.
71697mE8cdL._AC_SX466_.jpg

56wrench

Well, laugh if you want but i make a lot of trips into the city now and usually wherever my wife wants to go has those little parking stalls that once you’re in, one of us doesn’t have enough room to open the door. Maybe i need those goalposts as i get older and my depth perception gets worse. Or maybe i need a small pickup but i still need the bigger one for towing either of my two trailers. However i do like using the folding power mirrors so at least i can squeeze by after i get out of the truck:D

cfherrman

I can't remember there was one truck I extended the mirrors on, I think it was a Chev as they don't come with tow mirrors or something.

Haha as I look this stupid work truck with lift and offset tires has the mirrors extended out, it has power so I just now pushed them in. When I drive this truck I always think I'm going to hit something I wonder if it's the tires or the extended mirrors.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I used to think I just left the mirrors folded out because I tow a trailer most of the time with the truck and can’t be bothered to fold them in. Now I will just leave them out to **** off all the people that seem to care about how it looks!

boaterri

Occupation
Retired Television Engineer
A JD450 behind a SRW Ford Superduty?? I wouldn't want to be sharing the road with him!

i0kmuk00b4u71.jpg
At least when the Ministry of Works showed up to move my 450 track loader they had an F350 with dualies and the same trailer to move the machine 5 miles when I opened the dump after hurricane Dorian.

ianjoub

I used to think I just left the mirrors folded out because I tow a trailer most of the time with the truck and can’t be bothered to fold them in. Now I will just leave them out to **** off all the people that seem to care about how it looks!
I never knew it was a problem having them out. Why would anyone care what position I have my mirrors in?

cfherrman

I think people are just poking fun at the extended out for no reason. Obviously I can't tell the difference I've been driving around for 4 weeks with them out. I did drive a little with them back in and it does make me think the truck is not as wide.