• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

adamw

I have a Toyota SDK7 skid steer which has been sitting for about a year. Both of the pedals seem to be locked out by a pin or cam which I can feel if I reach under the pedal but I cant get released. From what I have read the pedals could be locked out from a safety sensor which isnt engaged correctly? this skid steer doesnt have the bar which comes down only a seat belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF, Adam !
If you had posted this in the skid steer forum you may have gotten help sooner.
I know very little about working on them although I have run them.
I did a little searching for you and found the service manual that you can download.
Check that relay for power to it and if it is functioning.
https://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf
pedl.png

crankshaftdan

This is a old post-will respond as tinker said, never to cautious when working on Skidsteer with the bucket/hoist in the elevated position! If your pedals seem to be blocked from working-there is also on my sdk-7 a bar Assy. On the left side of the pedal area when setting in machine. Previous owner for my unit put a 12mm bolt secured to floor plate to never let this item stop the operation of my pedals-might want to check this out if still having issues? Just my two cents worth-sorry I don’t have a picture for you. Cranky