• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

This is what the RT has been doing. Its a new building for the local vo-tech- to replace their old one.

The vo tech teaches " secondary technical programs, they include: Auto Collision, Automotive Technology, Computer Technology, Construction Technology, Culinary Arts, Marine Technology, Printing Technology, EMT, Early Childhood and Welding Technology"

And I did get the KW white. I had a terrible time with the paint, I couldn't get it to lay down and flow, its kind of a matte/ orange peel look, but the guys said that's the latest trend in trucks- its custom.

1685811060091.jpeg1685811080677.jpeg

1685811342777.jpeg1685811359067.jpeg

crane operator

I've created two fire hazards this week. Installed two charcoal grills at two different apartment complex's. First one went on top of a old wooden deck. If two embers flake onto the deck- the whole works is going up in smoke.

The second one went into a new wooden pavilion. I can touch the new wood roof right over top of the second grill, If anyone gets carried away with the lighter fluid or a little too much fuel in the fire, it will be the second one to go up.

1685811828793.jpeg1685811850405.jpeg

Oxbow

We have used balance beads in the duals of our one ton pickups to help counteract mud accumulations between the wheels with some success. Sometimes when you hit a good bump it takes a second to balance out again. It could work! I would guess too much would be better than too little, to a point anyway.

Natman

I have Centramatic balancers on all my wheels, they convinced me the concept works so well, that when I saw a similar device meant for putting behind the prop on my plane, I got one for it also.

Old Doug

I have Centramatic balancers on all my wheels, they convinced me the concept works so well, that when I saw a similar device meant for putting behind the prop on my plane, I got one for it also.
I have saw some guys try them but didnt like them. I am a fan of the balancing beads i drove a truck that had them in a tire i removed them and drove it agin. i could tell the diferents .

crane operator

Been looking for a transfer tank to add to a truck, and spotted this one used.

transfer tank jb weld 2.jpg

Looks like a regular used tank, pump included, $500. Priced about right.

But look a little closer.

transfer tank jb weld 2 (2).jpg

What's this you say? seems like someone wanted small lines to go direct to the truck tank, but they can't weld, BUT they can drill holes and JB weld....

transfer tank jb weld 1.jpg

Welder Dave

Been looking for a transfer tank to add to a truck, and spotted this one used.

View attachment 287968

Looks like a regular used tank, pump included, $500. Priced about right.

But look a little closer.

View attachment 287969

What's this you say? seems like someone wanted small lines to go direct to the truck tank, but they can't weld, BUT they can drill holes and JB weld....

View attachment 287970
Especially if it was used for diesel not a big deal to weld the holes up with Mig and grind flat and paint. If it was used for gas would want to steam it out preferably but rinsing good with water a few times could work. Make sure all openings are open so it vents.

Last edited: